THE O’s TAKE IT TO THE ROYALS IN A THRILLER UNDER THE LIGHTS AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Post by Malcolm Johnston
On a warm summer evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2, the Orioles prevailed 11-9 over the Royals in a three inning Peewee Division thriller under the lights.
Here are the highlights:
- Simon (5) hit a two-RBI single in the first and a bases-clearing triple in the third to rack up a staggering five of the Orioles’ 11 runs.
- Michael “The Iceman” (3) tallied a Rickey Hendersonian four stolen bases to go with two walks, two runs and an RBI single. He also pitched an impressive first inning.
- Ben “Matrix” (6) chopped a two-RBI single in the top of the first, and in the bottom of the inning made a spectacular catch through the outstretched arms of a leaping Simon at shortstop.
- In the top of the second, power-hitting Lukas “Spitz” (10) slapped an RBI single through the first-second gap, and repeated the effort in the top of the third, finishing the day with two hits, two RBI and three steals.
- Brian (12) pitched a dazzling second, inducing pop-ups to the mound and to Jamie at second, and keeping the Royals’ offensive attack in check. He also stole two bases and scored two runs.
- Jamie (2) was a constant source of chatter in the infield and a terror on the basepaths, swiping second and third in the second inning, then scoring on Fabrizio “Gutshot”‘s (8) base on balls—Gutshot’s second walk of three walks on the day to go with two stolen bases. Gutshot also showed strong catching skills for the second straight game.
- Maghnus “Scoop de Doop” (9) lived up to his name, scooping multiple balls in the dirt as catcher. He also induced three walks, scored once and pitched a one-K third that ended with Jamie gunning down a Royal trying to steal third.