THE GO GO LIZZIES PREVAIL OVER THE ROYALS IN THE LATTER INNINGS TO EARN THE VICTORY AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Post composed with files from Gordon Belray and Peter Roy
Beneath the shimmer of a dusty full moon at Christie Pits Diamond 2, the Lizzies defeated the Royals 9-6 in three innings of Peewee Division play.
Here are the highlights:
- The Royals jumped out to an early 4-0 lead in the top of the first.
- The Lizzies stormed back with four runs to tie the proceedings in their bottom half of the first. Keying the Lizzies offense were singles by John Lee (11), Maxwell (13) and a 2 RBI double by John (6).
- Lizzies reliever John Eric (2) pitched a scoreless second striking out the side.
- The Lizzies scored a run on four walks in their half of the second to take a 5-4 lead.
- The Royals took the lead with two unearned runs off of Lizzies reliever Maxwell in the third with a dropped third strike and throwing error.
- The Lizzies roared back in the bottom of the third with four runs with RBI’s by Maxwell, John and Cormac (4).
- The inning finished in dramatic fashion with stand-in rookie baller Julian coaching at third giving John Eric the green light to steal home to end a long running game under a dusty full moon.
- The Royals received some nice pitching from Thomas (11) and Jacob (3).
- Connor (2) of the Royals crushed a monster double against the Lizzies.