THE TP BASEBALL COMMITTEE HAS INTRODUCED A ‘CODE OF CONDUCT’ THAT ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEER COACHES MUST ABIDE BY IN ORDER TO BE A COACH WITH OUR BASEBALL PROGRAM
One of the strengths of our Toronto Playgrounds Baseball program are the volunteers who step up to the plate each season and generously give their valuable time and energy to coach our respective House League and Select teams.
Along with parents and teachers, coaches have an immense impact on the development of our children. It is a huge responsibility as a volunteer coach to be a mentor, motivator and leader.
With that in mind, the TP Baseball Committee has introduced a ‘Coaches Code of Conduct’ to give our dedicated volunteers a framework of what is expected of them as they help each and everyone of our players grow and succeed both on and off the field of play.
As such, the Committee will organize the recruitment and placement of all House League and Select coaches. All of our volunteer coaches must abide by and sign off on the following requirements:
- I will teach my players to play fairly, have fun and to respect the rules, the opponents, the coaches, volunteers and the umpires.
- I will ensure that ALL players, regardless of ability, will get equal instruction, field time, and support and will have an opportunity to play at each position.
- I will ensure all players have appropriate equipment and ensure that equipment is worn properly for protection and safety.
- I will communicate with parents and players to ensure they have the correct time for games and practices. Furthermore I will ensure I have parents’ contact details and I will communicate my contact details to the parents.
- I will demonstrate respect for the players, the opponents, the umpires, volunteers and the game.
- I will give constructive feedback to players and encourage our umpires and I will neither belittle nor verbally abuse: players, opponents, volunteers or umpires
- I will ensure I have made arrangements with my co-coaches, convenor or the TP Baseball committee in the event of my absence.
- I will endeavor to work through the NCCP coaching certification program and / or attend TP Baseball sponsored coaching clinics.
- I will remember that our number one goal is to have fun!
The TP Baseball Committee wishes to thank everyone who is stepping into the batter’s box to coach in our organization in 2015. It is volunteers like you who make our baseball program the jewel that it is in the community.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.