IN A FIVE ALARM BARNBURNER, THE INTERGALCTIC ASTROS PREVAIL OVER THE PESKY WHITE SOX AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Summaries edited with files from Matthew Scuby and Marc Rose
Under the shimmer of the incandescent lights on a warm Spring night, the Astros defeated the White Sox 12-8 in four rocketing innings of Mosquito Division action thus evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Here is an Astros log of the proceedings:
- In a thriller, the Astros came out on top in a 12-8 slugfest under the lights at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
- The Astros got two stellar innings of shutout pitching from Vince and Desmond.
- Sparking the Astros attack was a key rally-starting hit by Charlie S.
- However, it was the Astros Charlie N. who was the star after he got ‘plunked’ (a.k.a. hit by pitch) twice and managed to laugh about it on his way to first base. Way to take two for the team, Charlie N.!!
Here is a White Sox account of the game:
- The Astros blasted off the launch pad by scored four runs in the top of the first to take an early 4-0 lead.
- However, the White Sox answered back by evening the score in the bottom half of the first through a series bases on balls and aggressive base running by Ethan (14), Tavaris (5), Joaquin (11), and Willem (12).
- White Sox reliever Tavaris (5) struck out the side in the top of the second.
- In the bottom of the second, the White Sox plated four and took an 8-4 lead by garnering some more bases on balls and utilizing some aggressive base running by Khalil (6), Kade (9),Tavaris, and Jonathan (10). Of significant note was Kade’s sweet maneuvers to escape a White Sox rundown between third and second base.
- After the Astros tied and regained the lead, their bullpen maintained that advantage by striking out the White Sox batting order in the third and fourth innings.