THE O’s RALLY IN THE FINAL INNING TO PREVAIL FOR A THRILLING VICTORY OVER THE GO GO LIZZIES AT TRINITY-BELLWOODS PARK
Game Summary edited with file from Steve Yacht
Under a picturesque ceiling of warm Spring skies, the Orioles edged the Lizzies 9-8 in an exciting five innings of Mosquito Division action this evening at Trinity-Bellwoods Park Diamond 2.
Here is a Lizzies account of the proceedings:
- It was another perfect spring evening for baseball as the Lizzies took on the Orioles in a thriller at Trinity Bellwoods Park.
- Dash (8) of the Lizzies made things interesting in the top of the first with a quick steal. However, the Lizzies ended up scoreless in the top of the frame.
- Despite a heroic leaping catch by Liam (14) of the Lizzies in right field to stymie the O’s attack, the Orioles plated a pair to take a 2-0 lead in the bottom half of the first.
- The top of the second saw KJ (2) walk and then steal two bases for the Lizzies. KJ followed this up in the bottom half of the inning with his Lizzies debut in the catcher position. Though he struggled with the somewhat ill fitting catching gear, KJ showed some real potential at the position with several key blocks and a promising pick off capability.
- Lizzies reliever Finn (6) was impressive against the O’s batting lineup in the bottom of the second inning as he rung up three strikeouts.
- In the top of the third, Levi (13) sparked the Lizzies offense by leading off with a crushing hit, followed by three stolen bases and a run scored. Thomas (7) tallied in by delivering a RBI sacrifice hit.
- Although the fourth inning came and went with no scoring, Lizzies reliever Liam did rack up two strikeouts versus the O’s from the mound.
- Things heated up to a boil in the top of the fifth as the Lizzies came out swinging. Kaden (9) ripped one through the infield, followed with hits by Thomas, Finn, KJ and Liam. Dash took a hit in the noggin’ for hit by pitch free pass to first base.
- The pesky Orioles came back in the bottom of the fifth and pulled ahead for a 9-8 victory.