IN A NAIL BITER, THE BLUE BIRDS AND TWINKIES PLAY TO A THRILLING STALEMATE AT TRINITY-BELLWOODS PARK
Game Summary edited with file from Philip Ramcharan
With the sun descending on the horizon on a warm and lovely Spring evening, the Jays and Twins played to a 5-5 draw in four tense innings of Mosquito Division action this evening at Trinity-Bellwoods Park Diamond 2.
Here is a Jays log of the game:
- The Mosquito Division showdown between the Jays and Twins was a a tight and tense game from start to finish with good pitching and defense on display by both teams.
- After the Jays took an early lead, the pesky Twins came back in third inning with a four run rally to tie the proceedings with some big hits.
- In general, there were not too many swings from the players on both teams while they were in the batter’s box. More swings at balls in the zone to try for hits instead of walks would spark each offense.
- The game was played out a in an interesting atmosphere at Trinity-Bellwoods Park.
- Jays pitchers Malcolm (12), Julian (9) and Hiroki (13) combined for a great effort versus the potent Twins batting order.
- With grit and resolve, Malcolm closed out the game by preserving the tie in the fourth.
- Kudos and a Big E for effort to Julian for making his Mosquito Division pitching debut and throwing from the mound for first time!
- The Jays received some good defensive plays from right fielder Gabriel (6) and shortstop Kiran (2).
- And the Jays got some excellent catching from Jordan (15) and Myles (4) against the Twinkies!