IN A TIGHT INTERSTELLAR AFFAIR, THE ASTROS PREVAIL OVER THE LIZZIES AT TRINITY-BELLWOODS PARKGame Summaries edited with files from Matthew Scuby and Steve Yacht
Beneath a layer of warm and shimmering skies, the Astros defeated the Lizzies 6-4 in 3 ½ thrilling innings of Mosquito Division action this evening at Trinity-Bellwoods Park Diamond 2.
Here is a Lizzies account of the proceedings:
The Astros continued to roll with a 6-4 win over the Lizzies last night before a raucous crowd at Trinity Bellwoods.
“Mr. Clutch” Charlie N (4) sparked the Astros offense with a clutch two out, two run double in the second
Matthew (11) stroked a sweet two run triple in the third.
Tight defence and strong pitching by Astros pitchers Luca (14), Desmond (3), Ian (7), and Vince (10) kept the high-powered Lizzies batting order in check.
Here is a Lizzies log of the game:
- The Lizzies were on the road this week, taking on the Astros at a jam packed Trinity Bellwoods Park.
- Both teams got off to a slow start in the first inning with only one run scored by the Astros. Lizzies starter Dash (8) racked up an authoritative strikeout in the bottom of the first.
- While the Lizzies were held scoreless again in the top of the second, Lizzies reliever Ian (12) struck out two Astros in the bottom half of the inning. Finn (6) made a great defensive play scooping a grounder for an out at first base.
- In the top of the third, the Lizzies bats came alive. They also began to burn up the base path as well with Cassius (5) stealing home. As a result, the Go Go Lizzies tallied a total of two runs for the inning.
- The bottom of the third saw Lizzies reliever KJ (2) make his debut as a pitcher. KJ’s infielder instincts shone through as he fielded a deep infield pop for the first out. Showing great signs of things to come, KJ also struck out the third Astros batter and finished off the inning with a ground out to first, covered expertly by Levi (13).
- KJ came out swinging in the top of the fourth with a lead off hit and three stolen bases, followed by Kaden (9) and Colston (11) each with walks and steals as well.
- Lizzies reliever Cassius (5) closed out the game in the , showing great command with two K’s.
- Despite a valiant effort it was not quite enough to stop the overcome a great overall effort by the Astros.