IN A TIGHT AFFAIR, THE TWINKIES UTILIZE TWO BIG HOME RUNS TO PREVAIL OVER THE ROYALS AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Summary edited with file from Shane Wright
Beneath a canvas of warm and hazy skies, the Twins prevailed 7-5 over the Royals in 3 ½ innings of Mosquito Division action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 3.
Here is a Twins account of the proceedings:
- The Twins took on the Royals Thursday night at Christie Pits in a bid to extend their undefeated record.
- After surrendering four runs to the Royals in the top of the first, the Twins responded in the bottom half. After Max (13) singled down the third baseline, Miles (12) crushed the second pitch that he saw straight away to centre field for a clutch two out two run home run, cutting the Twins deficit in half.
- In the top of the second, with the brother sister duo of Theo (5) and Camille respectively pitching and catching, the Twins held the Royals off the scoresheet with two strikeouts.
- No runs were scored in the third, thanks to some great pitching on both sides. Julius (11) pitched the top of the third for the Twins and kept their bats quiet, fanning all three batters.
- Then in the home half of the third, Pearson (14) came home to roost after some excellent base running to trim the Twinkies deficit to one. After Max got on base for the second time and Stephen (3) reached safely to put two ducks on the pond, Miles was at the plate again. With the go ahead run at second, Miles jumped on the first pitch, lining another hard hit ball up the middle, as he delivered his second home run of the game [a 3 RBI shot] — giving the Twins a 7-4 lead.
- In the top of the fourth, Twins closer Stephen (3) entered the fray [in relief for reliever Julius on the mound] and picked up the save in a hard fought victory over the pesky Royals.