THE GRITTY WHITE SOX FEND OFF A PESKY ROYALS RALLY TO PREVAIL FOR THE VICTORY AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Summary edited with file from Marc Rose
Under a blanket of hazy and humid skies, the White Sox defeated the Royals 10-7 in three innings of Mosquito Division action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Here is a White Sox account of the proceedings:
- In the top of the first, the White Sox got onto the scoreboard early after back-to-back singles by Tavaris (5) and Thomas (6) [a call up from Rookie Ball] brought in Joaquin (11) and Willem (12), who started the game with a lead-off single
- White Sox starter Joaquin (11) struck out two and limited the Royals to one run in the bottom of the first to preserve a 2-1 lead.
- Willem continued his hitting streak in the top of the second with a 2 RBI triple to bring in Anthony (9) and Callum (15), who had both walked to get on base.
- Subsequently, Willem scored on a single by Ethan (14). Daniella (13), who walked, scored on a single by Tavaris
- White Sox reliever Tavaris (5) shut down the Royals offense in the bottom of the second to keep the score at 6-1.
- The White Sox offense came up big in the top the third, with a lead-off single by Thomas, followed by walks by Sam (7), Anthony, and Callum, before Willem drove in a run with another single.
- Consecutive walks by Daniella, Joaquin, and Ethan brought in another three runs to increase the White Sox lead to 10-1.
- Despite a late-game rally by the Royals in the bottom of the third, White Sox closer Ethan (14) shut down the Royals offense by striking out three batters to secure the White Sox win.