DOWN 10-5, THE PESKY RED SOX RALLY TO DEADLOCK THE MAJESTIC ROYALS IN THE NIGHTCAP AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Summary edited with file from Richard Park
Beneath a layer of warm and muggy skies, the Red Sox and Royals played to a 10-10 draw in three innings of Mosquito Division action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Here is a Red Sox account of the proceedings:
- Red Sox starter Vincent (4) pitched the top half of the inning allowing four runs with one strikeout. Vince was able to make a nice 1-3 fielding play [Vincent to first baseman Anthony (2)] to help himself out.
- In the bottom of the first, the Red Sox were able to respond in kind and plate four runs to tie the game.
- In the top of the second, the Royals struck back with a vengeance against Red Sox reliever Daniel (5) for four runs on one strikeout to take an 8-4 lead. It seems that the Red Sox team were distracted by the Perseid Meteor Shower during the inning as they let a couple of pop ups drop.
- The Red Sox were able to grind out a run on a single by Noah (8) and three grounders by Myles (9), Daniel (5), and Vincent (4) to trim the deficit to three.
- Red Sox reliever Anthony (2) pitched the final inning for the Red Sox as a few rain drops started to fall. Anthony allowed two runs while striking out two Royals. Anthony was helped out by his brother on third, Daniel (5), who knocked down a hot shot and deftly picked up the ball to tag out a Royals base runner going to third.
- Down 10-5, the Red Sox never gave up and stormed back to bat around and score five runs on singles by Lucas (11), Myles (9), and Anthony (2), with a bases clearing triple by Noah (8).
- With two outs and the bases loaded, the Royals ended the Red Sox threat with a pop-fly to third that preserved the 10-10 tie.
EXTRA BASES: It was duly noted by both teams that the umpire is now enforcing the “no throwing the bat” rule, and “players not batting or on deck must be in the dugout” rule.