DOWN 14-10, THE RANGERS RALLY TO UPEND THE D-BACKS IN A FIVE ALARM BARN BURNER AT DOMINICO FIELDGame Summaries edited with files from Michael Goldsmith and Manuel Fernandes
Beneath a ceiling of warm and sunny summer skies, the Rangers edged the Diamondbacks 15-14 in four innings of Bantam Division action this afternoon at Dominico Field at Christie Pits.
Here is a Rangers account of the proceedings:
- With three Reds and two August call-ups in the lineup, the scrappy Rangers pulled out a 15-14 walk off win over a tenacious and skilled Diamondbacks squad.
- Cormac (3), Qingyuan (14), Naz (3) and Curtis (0) pitched effective innings.
- Rangers catcher Cormac and third baseman Curtis teamed up to make a smart defensive play to throw out a wayfaring D-Backs baserunner.
- Rangers hit brigade led by Curtis with a double to deep cf while entire team chipped in with hits and alert base running.
- In a thrilling final frame, the D-Backs rallied and scored nine to bring take a 14-10 lead to the bottom of the fourth.
- However, the Diamondbacks could not close the door. After scoring four to tie the game, Gabriel (8) delivered a clutch two out RBI single to plate Curtis and give the Rangers a 15-14 comeback victory.
Here is a Diamondbacks log of the game:
- Trailing 10-5, the never say die Diamondbacks scored nine runs in the top of the fourth to take a four run lead.
- However, the D-Backs were unable to hold the 14-10 lead as the Rangers rallied in the bottom of the fourth to take the victory.
- Diamondbacks Michael (12), Kit (4), Jordan (2) and Leo (10) combined to pitch against the Rangers. In his Bantam Division season debut, Leo pitched for the first time this season.
- Displaying his speed, Jordan (10) stole home.
- Once again, the Diamondbacks had a great turnout of eleven roster players.