THE MIGHTY GIANTS FEND OFF THE BLUEBIRDS IN THE FINAL INNING TO PREVAIL FOR THE VICTORY AT DOVERCOURT PARKGame Summary edited with file from Kevin Lawrie
Beneath a ceiling of warm summer skies, the Giants edged the Jays 6-5 in 3 ½ innings of Peewee Division action this evening at Dovercourt Park.
Here is a Giants account of the proceedings:
- The Giants got a measure of revenge on the Dodgers by defeating them 6-5 last night at Dovercourt Park.
- It was payback time for the Mighty Giants. The Giants last Peewee Division loss was an 8-5 defeat at the hands of the Artful Dodgers back on July 4.
- The Giants rebounded by scoring four runs in the bottom of the first inning – highlighted by back-to-back-to-back singles from Alex (13), Gabriel (9), and Jake M-P (6).
- Giants starter Ben (11) held the powerful Dodgers to only one run in the first two innings – helped by a nice 4-3 double play started by a groundball to second baseman Javert (3), who tagged the Jays runner, and tossed to first baseman to Jake C (5) for the second out.
- With the Dodgers only having seven players in their lineup, the Giants players took to the outfield in the first two innings to help out.
- Jake M-P led the Giants offense with two singles, four stolen bases, and a RBI.
- Giants reliever PJ (2) pitched his first inning of the year in the third frame.
- The Dodgers stormed back to a 6-5 deficit in the third, trailing only by one run.
- However, Giants closer Gabriel (9) converted his first save of the season in the top of the fourth inning – stranding the tying run on third base.