THE GRITTY LIZZIES PREVAIL OVER THE PESKY CARDINALS IN THE NIGHTCAP AT CHRISTIE PITSGame Summary edited with file from James Edwards
Beneath the incandescent lights on a warm summer night, the Lizzies defeated the Cardinals 6- in four innings of Peewee Division action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Here is a Lizzies account of the proceedings:
- The Lizzies fended off a final inning charge by the Cardinals to win 6-3 in the final game of the Peewee Division regular season.
- During the proceeding versus the Cards, the Lizzies were the beneficiaries of some strong pitching.
- After reaching first in the top of the first, Jamie (13) stole two bases and scored on a throwing error to give the Lizzies an early 1-0 lead.
- Lizzies starter Jamie (13) pitched a scoreless bottom of the first, which included a pickoff play to Jona (6) at third base.
- With the bases loaded, Jaelynn (15) increased the Lizzies lead with a key RBI walk in the top of the second.
- In the bottom of the second, Lizzies reliever Josh (4) followed suit with a scoreless inning of his own which included two K’s.
- Lizzies reliever Zenon (9) kept the shutout in place in the bottom of the third with 2 K’s of his own.
- The Lizzies scored four in the top of the fourth. The key hit was a bases clearing 2 RBI double by Elayna (11) [who was robbed of a third RBI by the four run mercy limit].
- In the bottom fourth, Lizzies reliever Ethan (7) got into some trouble with some seeing eye base hits by the Cardinals. Ethan was eventually relieved by Zenon, who came on to close out the game with a pop-up to right centre, which was caught by Jaelynn, redeeming herself for a ball she lost in the lights earlier in the inning.