IN A NAIL BITER, THE O’s PREVAIL OVER THE WHITE SOX AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Summary edited with file from Marc Rose
Beneath a layer of cool summer skies, the Orioles edged the White Sox 8-7 in three innings of Mosquito Division action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Here is a White Sox account of the proceedings:
- The White Sox and Orioles played a back and forth seesaw nail biter in their last Mosquito Division game of the regular season, with the O’s squeaking out an 8-7 victory in the final inning.
- In the top of the first, the White Sox led off the frame with a series of walks and an infield single by James (1) to take an early 3-0 lead.
- The Orioles responded with four in the bottom of the first to take a 4-3 lead.
- However, the White Sox took back the lead 6-4 after Christian (3) singled and scored, and Sam (7) hit a two-run double that drove in Anthony (9) and Luke (16).
- White Sox reliever Ethan (14) struck out two in the bottom of the second as the Orioles rallied with a pair to tie up the game.
- Joaquin (11) scored in the top of the third to give the Sox a 7-6 lead. Joaquin came home to roost after a single by Thomas (6) and an infield grounder by Ethan.
- Despite some solid pitching by White Sox closer Sam (7) and an impressive catch by Luke at second, the Orioles rallied two runs in the bottom of the third to win the game.