THE TWINKIES GROUND THE BLUEBIRDS AT DOVERCOURT PARKBeneath a blanket of hot and humid skies, the Twins defeated the Jays 4-0 in 3 ½ innings of Mosquito Division round robin tournament action this evening at Dovercourt Park.
Here are the highlights:
With 1-2-3 finesse, Twins starter Julius (11) would in strike out two in the top of the first to keep the Jays in the nest.
- Jays starter Malcolm (12) would return the favour in the bottom of the first by striking out three in 1-2-3 fashion to keep the Twins off the scoring ledger.
- Picking up from where he left off in the first frame, Julius would mow down three Jays with a John Deere X380 Lawn Tractor on the top of the second to keep them off the scoresheet.
- In the bottom of the second, the Twins would stake themselves to a 3-0 lead. Following a lead off single by Thomas (4), Emmi (10) and Lewis (7) would garner back to back walks to load the bases. Camille (9) would follow with a RBI walk that allowed Thomas to shimmy home with the opening run of the game. With no outs and the bases still juiced to the gills, Theo (5) stroked a 2 RBI double to bring home Emmi and Lewis.
- Twins reliever Lewis (7) would strike out three Jays in 1-2-3 fashion in the top of the third to keep them off the scoreboard.
- Myles (12) would lead off the bottom of the third with a home run blast to give the Twins an insurance run.
- With 1-2-3 flair, Lewis would mow down three Jays with a Toro 50″ TimeCutter® SW5000 Lawn Tractor in the bottom of the fourth to close out the Twins victory.