PUTTING ON THE RITZ, THE METROPOLITANS PREVAIL OVER THE EXPOS AT CHRISTIE PITS
Beneath a Disco Duck beat of warm and humid summer skies, the Mets defeated the Expos 8-5 in four innings of Peewee Division round robin tournament action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Here are a few tidbits from the proceeding:
- The Mets would bolt out of the Studio 54 disco to score four runs in the top of the first and stake themselves to a 4-0 lead. With two aboard, Alden (13) would blast a three run home run shot over the Dominico Field fence in left field to give the suave Metropolitans an early advantage.
- In the bottom of the first, the Expos replied with a run to trim the deficit to three. With one out, Jonathan (3) would get on base and come home to do the Disco Swing.
- The Expos would tally two in the bottom of the second to trail 4-3. Cameron (5) and Elias (10) would get on bass…err, base and come homeward bound to do the New York Hustle.
- However, the Mets would take a break from partying it up at the Copacabana and score four runs in the top of the third to widen their lead to 8-3. As they came down the third baseline towards home plate, Matthew B. (14), Isaac (4), James (9) and Alden performed a line dance in the vernacular of the Hully Gully and Electric Slide.
- The Expos would answer with two more runs in the bottom of the third to trim the shortfall to three. Charlie (7) and Harris (12) would come home and do the Continental Hustle.
- And when the dust had settled, the Mets ventured over to the Paradise Garage and the Expos went to the Funhouse.