UNLEASHING A TWENTY-NINE HIT AERIAL ASSAULT, THE BOMBERS TAKE DOWN TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS AT CHRISTIE PITS
Beneath a layer of warm and serene skies, the Bloordale Green defeated the Toronto Playgrounds Minor Rookie Ball Selects 21-6 in five innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Select action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 3.
The proceeding was an entertaining and lopsided affair. With the bats going cold for TP during most of the game, the Green Bombers took full advantage as they parlayed a twenty-nine hit attack into a huge lead that they wouldn’t surrender.
Bloordale charged out of the gates with zeal in the top of the first as they generated five hits into an early 5-0 lead. Harris (97), Matt C. (55) and Jack W. (16) chipped in with respective RBI singles. Declan (29) drove home a run a fielder’s choice.
- TP went down in 1-2-3 fashion in the bottom of the first on a pop up and a pair of groundouts.
- Utilizing an eight hit attack, the Green tallied six more runs in the top of the second to increase their lead to 11-0. The Bombers would get RBI singles from Ryan (7), Nathan (20), Matt B. (10) and Cole (17); and a RBI double from Jack H. (27).
- Refusing to quit, TP would rally for four in the bottom of the second to trim the deficit to seven. Ethan (12), Leland (21) and Zach (19) would hit consecutive singles to lead off the frame and load the bases. Holden (25), Qayam (11) and Jamie (11) would bring them home with respective RBI singles.
In the top of the third, Bloordale would launch a ten hit assault and answer back with seven runs to widen their advantage to 18-4. The Green Bombers attack would be spearheaded by respective RBI singles from Wyatt (19), Nathan and Declan; a RBI double by Oscar (11); a two RBI double from Scott (8).
- TP would tally a pair in the bottom of the third to close the margin to 18-6. After Theo (3) and Nathan (29) stroked a pair of two out singles to put two ducks on the pond, William (6) delivered a clutch two RBI double to bring them home to roost.
FOURTH & FIFTH INNINGS
- Bloordale would add three insurance runs in the final two innings to salt the game away.
- TP would go quietly into the night.
The TP Minor Rookie Ball Selects (1-5) get a much needed bye week away from the EBA Select circuit next week. The Minors resume play on June 23-25 when they participate in the West Hill Tournament. The Minor Rookie Ball Selects will play their next EBA Select game on Tuesday, June 27, when they travel to Woodford Park to battle the Royal York Cardinals at 6:30 p.m.