TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS PREVAIL OVER THE BOMBERS AT MILLWOOD PARK TO EARN ITS SIXTH EBA SELECT GAME OF THE SEASON
Beneath a ceiling of warm summer skies, the Toronto Playgrounds Major Peewee Selects defeated the Bloordale (Green) Bombers 17-15 in five innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Select action this evening at Millwood Park.
Here is a brief recap of the proceedings courtesy of Paul Kelly, Jeff Kolyn and Vincent Lynch:
- TP starter Taio (1) pitched two scoreless innings while using only 23 pitches.
- Max (20) spearheaded the TP attack with three RBI’s and the only multi-base hit.
- Jona (15) led the TP batting brigade with three hits.
- Jeremy (4) chipped in with two hits and a pair of RBI’s.
- TP reliever Jackson (8) pitched a strong third frame where he only allowed three runs.
- Kudos to TP reliever Jeremy (4), who made his Select pitching debut in the fourth. Jeremy pitched very well, but the team made some errors behind him, and TP had to bring reliever Jamie (52) into the fray to close out the inning. Jeremy did ring up a strikeout!
- TP reliever James (6) pitched the last inning and held the fort against the Bombers.
The TP Major Peewee Selects (6-4) continue their Twilight Zone road trip on the EBA Select circuit next Wednesday, July 19 when they journey to Carmen Bush to battle the Martingrove White Sox at 6:15 p.m.