THE DARLIN’ CUBBIES TAKE DOWN THE MIGHTY GIANTS AT BICKFORD PARK
Beneath a ceiling of warm midsummer skies, the Cubs defeated the Giants 7-4 in three innings of Peewee Division action this evening at the Bickford Park South Diamond.
Here is a Cubs recap of the proceedings courtesy of Kevin Lawrie:
- This Peewee Division encounter versus the Giants had the Cubs facing the final opponent they hadn’t yet played against during the 2017 season.
- With a strong first inning on the mound from Cubs starter Jashan (4), the Cubs took an early 3-0 lead after the first inning.
- However, the Giants rallied for four in the top of the second to take a 4-3 lead.
- The Cubs pushed Marshall (3) across in the bottom half of the second to deadlock the game 4-4. With the Cubbies pressing for more, Charlie (7) was tagged out trying to steal home.
- With the dog days of summer upon us, the Cubs helped out the Giants by loaning them two outfielders for the entire game, and a shortstop in the second inning when the Giants’ own call up was injured.
- Cubs hurler Jashan returned to the mound in the third inning and shut down the Giants once again.
- The Cubs scored three in the bottom of the third on the strength of four walks and a single from Joey (6) to earn the sweet honey jar of victory.