THE ARTFUL DODGERS PREVAIL OVER THE LIZZIES AT DOVERCOURT PARK
Beneath a canopy of warm and overcast summer skies, the Dodgers defeated the Lizzies 10-3 in four innings of Peewee Division action this evening at the Dovercourt Park Diamond.
Here is a Dodgers recap of the proceedings courtesy of Richard Park:
- With thunder rumbling in the background, the Dodgers were victorious against a Mosquito riddled bench (2 Mosquito player subs) 10-3 in 4 full innings.
- After allowing a single, Dodgers starter Vince (6) pitched a solid top of the first by blanking the Lizzies on a popup to Michael (9) and two strikeouts.
- In the bottom of the first, the Dodgers tallied four runs on a single by Vince (6) and bases clearing double by Michael (9) to stake themselves to an early 4-0 lead.
- The Lizzies would rally with two in the top of the second to trim the deficit to two. Dodgers reliever Luca (12) would eventually find the groove and chalk up a fielder’s choice [Nicholas (10) to Lex (1)] and strikeout two to quell the Lizzies uprising.
- The Dodgers were able to squeeze out a run in the bottom half of the second to increase their lead to 5-2.
- In the top of the third, the Lizzies responded with a run to close the margin to 5-3. Dodgers reliever Sasha (13) ended the Lizzies insurrection with two strikeouts and a fly out to Nicholas.
- With gusto, the Dodgers scored four runs in the bottom of the third on singles from Vince, Maksym (14), Anthony (15) and a double by Nicholas to stretch their advantage to 9-3.
- After issuing a walk, Dodgers reliever Anthony (15) shut down the Lizzies with strikeouts in the top of the fourth.
- With time remaining, the Dodgers finished the fourth frame with an insurance run [via a single by Vince] to widen their lead to 10-3.