THE TWINKIES PREVAIL OVER THE LIZZIES AT DOVERCOURT PARK
Beneath a canopy of warm midsummer skies, the Twins defeated the Lizzies 9-6 in three innings of Mosquito Division action this evening at the Dovercourt Park Diamond.
Here is a Twins recap of the proceedings courtesy of Richard Park:
- Twins starter Eitan (14) limited the Lizzies to one run in the top of the first and helped himself out with a pop out catch and two strikeouts.
- The Twins replied with four in the bottom of the first to take a 4-1 lead. Zachary (10) delivered the big blow when he hit a triple to cash in two runs.
- In a spirited effort on the mound, Twins reliever Markues (7) made his second attempt at pitching and surrendered four runs.
- The Twins were able to tally three more runs in the bottom of the second to retake the lead 7-5. The Twinkies offensive surge was capped by a Markues single.
- In the top of the third, Twins reliever Zachary (10) secured the win by allowing only one run. Zachary was helped out by a pair of 2 fielder’s choice plays [second baseman Charlie (2) to first baseman Jacob (12) and pitcher Zachary to first baseman Jacob.
- With time still left, the Twins were allowed to bat their bottom half of the third and plated two more runs. Eitan led off the inning with a double but was called out for not sliding at home.