WITH FIVE TP SELECT TEAMS IN OUR RESPECTIVE ROOKIE BALL, MOSQUITO AND BANTAM CLASSIFICATIONS IN ACTION THIS WEEKEND, HERE IS A BRIEF RECAP TO BRING YOU UP TO SPEED ON ALL THE PLAYOFF ACTION
Beneath a ceiling of warm summer skies, five Toronto Playgrounds Select Teams in our Rookie Ball, Mosquito and Bantam age classifications are in the midst of playoff action this weekend at their respective Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Tournaments.
Here is a brief recap of Friday’s playoff action:
- Taking no prisoners at Pelmo Park, the TP Major Rookie Ball Selects steamrolled to a dominating four inning 22-0 victory over the York Gold Riverdogs in their opener at the EBA Rookie Ball Select Tournament. On a beautiful summer night, TP Major had a strong start to the playoffs. The bats were red hot tonight as TP unleashed a thirty-one hit fusillade [Momo (18) went 3 for 4; Charlie Z, (8) 4 for 4; Duncan (14) 3 for 4; Dylan P. (9) 3 for 3; Dylan S. (10) 3 for 3; Cooper (3) 2 for 3; Arlo (32) 3 for 3; Keith (21) 3 for 3; Troy (2) 2 for 3; Will (6) 2 for 3; and Milo (5) 3 for 3]. Outstanding fielding by TP neutralized the potent York batting order. The TP infielders were flawless and the outfielders got putouts on every ball hit their way. This sterling TP defensive effort was punctuated by an 8-4 putout by centre fielder Will and a catch of a towering fly ball by right fielder Dylan S. [Game summary courtesy of Anaud Ganpaul]
- With their eyes on the prize, the Martingrove White Sox rolled to an 18-3 five inning victory over the TP Minor Rookie Ball Selects in their playoff opener at Neilson Park. [Game info courtesy of Vincent Lynch]
- Down 9-0, the York Gold Riverdogs rallied to upend the TP Major Mosquito Selects 12-9 in their EBA Mosquito Select Tournament opener at Ravina Gardens.
- Taking care of business, the Annette Black A’s rolled to a 15-1 win over the TP Minor Mosquito Selects in their opening playoff game at Ravina Gardens.
- In a six inning nail biter, the Martingrove White Sox edged the TP Bantam Selects 8-7 in their EBA Bantam Select Tournament opener at Queensway Park. [Game info courtesy of Bill Evans]