THE RANGERS STAGE A DRAMATIC FOUR RUN RALLY IN THE FINAL INNING TO USURP THE O’s IN THEIR OPENING ROUND ROBIN TOURNAMENT GAME AT CHRISTIE PITS
Beneath a mild layer of late summer skies, the Rangers edged the Orioles 9-8 in four nail biting innings of Mosquito Division Round Robin Tournament action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Trailing 8-6, with two outs and the bases loaded, Eric (3) delivered a grace under pressure three RBI bases clearing triple in the bottom of the fourth to propel the Rangers to a dramatic come from behind victory over the O’s.
Here is a brief recap of the proceedings:
- The Orioles took flight in the top of the first when they staked themselves to an early 3-0 lead. Luc (15), Michael (3) and Nik (2) came home to roost.
- In the bottom of the first, the Rangers answered back with a pair to trim the deficit to one. Eric and Reilly (5) would come homeward bound for the Rangers.
- Rangers reliever Reilly (5) would strikeout three in the top of the second to keep the O’s off the scoring ledger and grounded in the nest.
- The Rangers scored a pair in the bottom half of the second to take a 4-3 lead. With two outs and two runners on base, Eric delivered a clutch two RBI double to bring Rose (11) and Charlie (12) home. Orioles reliever Nik (2) would strikeout three in the second to quell the Rangers insurgency.
- In the top of the third, the O’s replied with a run to tie the game 4-4. Dash (7) would come home to crow. Rangers reliever Truman (15) would chalk up a pair of groundouts to douse the Orioles rebellion.
- Reilly would score a run in the bottom of the third to allow the Rangers to take a 5-4 advantage. O’s reliever Dash (7) rung up a groundout and a pair of strikeouts in the third to extinguish the Rangers insurrection.
- With grit and determination, the Orioles rallied with four in the top of the fourth to retake the lead 8-5. Luc, Michael, Jeremy (6) and Nik came homeward to do the shimmy, shimmy, shake.
- The Rangers would rally for four in the bottom of the fourth to take home the prize. Oren (9), Charles (13), Rose and Charlie would come home and do the jitterbug. Eric delivered the heroics for the Rangers with a game winning blast into right field.