TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS PREVAIL OVER THE WHITE SOX IN A HARD FOUGHT BATTLE TO WIN THEIR 2018 EBA SELECT LOOP SEASON OPENER AT MARTINGROVE GARDENS PARK
Game Summary composed with file from Vincent Lynch
Beneath a warm ceiling of pristine skies, the Toronto Playgrounds Rookie Ball Selects defeated the Martingrove White Sox 14-10 in four innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Select Loop action this evening at Martingrove Gardens Park to win their 2018 season opener.
Here are the highlights:
- TP prevailed 14-10 in a hard fought game in 4 complete frames.
- Both teams played very well, with great offensive output by each side, even though it was the first game of the season.
- TP still has four players in their lineup still batting a thousand after the first game.
- Fernando went 3 for 3 at the plate with 2 RBI’s and two runs scored.
- Qayam went 3 for 3 at the dish with 2 RBI’s and two runs scored.
- Both Beckett and Willy went 2 for 2 at the plate.
- There were also some sweet defensive gems turned in by the TP defense….First baseman Fernando turned a double play by snagging a fly ball, then smartly touched first when the runner jumped towards second base.
- And to ice the game, TP left fielder Holden delivered some sweet D with two outs in the bottom of the fourth. With a hot tamale, screaming White Sox line drive searing towards him, Holden calmly put up his glove to catch the ball and seal the deal on the game. As Holden squeezed the ball in his mitt for the third and final out, his jubilant TP teammates rushed out of the visitors dugout to mob him and congratulate him on his fine play!
The TP Rookie Ball Selects (1-0) continue their EBA Select Loop road trip next Tuesday (May 8) when they travel to Don Russell Park to battle the Royal York White at 6:30 p.m.