THE EXPOS PREVAIL OVER THE RED BIRDS AT DOVERCOURT PARK
Under a canopy of warm and humid skies, the Expos defeated the Cardinals 13-5 in four innings of Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball Peewee Division action tonight at the Dovercourt Park Diamond.
Here is an Expos recap of the proceedings courtesy of Richard Park:
- In the top of the first, the Expos jumped out to an early 3-0 lead. Diego (7), Simon (12) and Stephen (14) came home to roost. The Expos uprising was keyed by a double by Emmi-Lou (6).
- Expos starter Stephen (14) blanked the Cardinals in the bottom of the first.
- The Expos added a pair in the top half of the second to widen their lead to 5-0. After consecutive one out walks by Daniel (11), Ian (15) and Esme (13) that loaded the bases, Truman (8) and Diego (7) garnered respective back to back RBI walks to bring Daniel and Ian home with the bacon.
- Expos reliever Ian (15) would allow two runs while striking out one Cardinal in the bottom of the second.
- In the top of the third, the Expos exploded for four to widen their advantage to 9-2. Emmi-Lou, Jake (2), Jack (2) and Anthony (10) came home to crow. Jack’s triple keyed the Expos attack.
- Expos reliever Diego (7) struck out two in the bottom of the third to keep the Red Birds off the scoring ledger and in the nest.
- The Expos tallied four insurance runs in the top of the fourth to increase their lead to 13-2.
- Refusing to surrender, the Cardinals rallied for three in the bottom of the fourth to close the margin to 13-5.
- Shaken, but not stirred, Expos closer Jack (2) found the groove and struck out three Red Birds to seal the deal.