TAKING NO PRISONERS, THE BLACK POUND TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS AT CHRISTIE PITS
Beneath a ceiling of warm and serene skies, the Martingrove Black defeated the Toronto Playgrounds Rookie Ball Selects 23-3 in seven innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Select Loop action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 3.
The proceeding was a lopsided affair. It was simply not TP’s day as the bats went cold and the team was only able to generate eleven hits and three runs over the course of seven frames. Meanwhile, the Black dominated the game from start to finish as they unleashed a thirty-six hit fusillade to cruise to their third victory of the season.
Here is a brief recap:
- Martingrove jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in the top of the first. With a runner on base, Chiera (10) stroked a two out RBI single to bring Carlo (17) home with the opening run of the game.
- In the bottom of the first, TP answered back with a run to deadlock the affair 1-1. After a one out double by Theo (3), Fernando (1) delivered a one out RBI triple to bring Theo home with the tying run.
- Uncorking a seven hit barrage, the Black took a 7-1 lead in the top half of the second. The Martingrove attack was keyed by respective RBI singles from Noah (29), Kenny (4), Adler (8) and Victoria (12). Carlo and Farley (20) brought home a pair of runs via groundouts.
- The offensive assault continued for the Black in the top of the third as they parlayed seven hits into five more runs to widen their lead to 12-1. Martingrove’s offence was sparked by RBI singles by Kenny and Lorenzo (3) and a two RBI single from Victoria. Jake (25) brought home a run on a groundout.
- TP replied with a pair in the bottom to trim the deficit to nine. Following back to back singles by Nathan (29), Willy (6) that put two ducks on the pond, Ethan (12) stroked a one out RBI single to bring Nathan home. With two aboard, Theo followed with a groundout that allowed Willy to motor home with a run.
- Going for the jugular, Martingrove unfurled a nine hit assault in the top of the fourth as they tallied seven runs to stretch their advantage to 19-3. The Black insurrection was keyed by RBI singles from Farley, Patrick (39), Jack (34), Jake and Lorenzo. Adler iced the cake with a two RBI single.
- The (Black) White Sox added another run to their tally in the top of the fifth. Patrick stroked a two out RBI single to plate Carlo.
- Martingrove would tack on three insurance runs in the top of the sixth to secure their lead at 23-3.
The TP Rookie Ball Selects (7-2) will host the Royal York White next Tuesday (July 3) at Christie Pits Diamond 3 at 6:30 p.m.