THE BRONX BOMBERS SNAP A 5-5 TIE IN THE FOURTH INNING TO PREVAIL OVER THE ATHLETICS IN A NAIL BITING MOSQUITO DIVISION ELIMINATION ROUND PLAYOFF GAME AT CHRISTIE PITS
Beneath an overcast layer of chilly and blustery skies, the Yankees edged the A’s 6-5 in 4 ½ innings of Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball Tournament Mosquito Division elimination round playoff action this morning at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
The proceeding was a well played nail biter that was contested between two talented and well coached teams. In the end, the Yankees snapped a 5-5 deadlock to prevail over the A”s for the victory.
Here are some highlights:
- The A’s staked themselves to an early 2-0 lead in the top half of the first when Graham (4) and Sparrow (6) came home to roost.
- Yankees starter Tashi (8) tallied a strikeout and a pair of groundouts in the first frame to diffuse the A’s insurgency.
- In the bottom of the first, the Yankees answered back with a pair to tie the affair 2-2 when Jacob (12) and Cyrus (9) came home to crow.
- A’s starter Julian (13) chalked up three strikeouts in the first to extinguish the Yankees uprising.
- Athletics starter Tashi returned the favour in the top of the second when he rang up two strikeouts and a groundout to keep the Athletics off the scoring ledger and in the weight room.
- Not to be outdone, A’s starter Julian tallied a fly out and a pair of K’s in the bottom portion of the second to keep the Yankees off the scoreboard and in the hangar.
- The A’s exploded for three in the top of the third to take a 5-2 lead when Davide (7), Graham and Silas (9) came home to do the shimmy, shimmy, shake.
- Nonplussed, the Bronx Bombers replied with three in the bottom half of the third to deadlock the game 5-5 when Jacob, Cooper (3) and Cyrus came homeward to do the cha, cha, cha.
- In 1-2-3 fashion, Yankees reliever Cooper (3) rang up a strikeout and a pair of groundouts in the top of the fourth to keep the A’s off the scoresheet and in the locker room.
- The Yankees scored one in the bottom of the fourth to break the logjam and take a 6-5 lead when Myles (10) came home to roost.
- A’s reliever Krishan (1) chalked up groundout and two strikeouts in the fourth to extinguish the Yankees insurrection.
- Donning their rally caps, the A’s refused to surrender as they put the potential tying run on base in the top of the fifth.
- With the tying run at third base, Yankees reliever Cooper struck out three A’s to seal the deal on the Bronx Bombers victory.