DOWN 17-5, TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS RALLY WITH TWELVE RUNS IN THE FINAL INNING TO TIE UP THE ATHLETICS IN A NIGHT GALLERY PROCEEDING AT DOMINICO FIELD AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Post composed with file from Paul Kelly
Beneath a serene canopy of tranquil skies, the Toronto Playgrounds Bantam Selects and the Annette A’s played to a 17-17 draw in five twilight zone innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Bantam Select Loop action tonight at Dominico Field at Christie Pits.
Here is a Rod Serling recap of the proceedings:
- After TP had taken an early 1-0 lead in first inning, Annette answered back with tsunami force in the top half of the second when they took a 12-1 lead.
- The A’s pitching for the first three frames was amazing, as they limited TP to only a solitary run. Kudos to Annette on a job well done!
- Down 14-1, TP rallied with four in the bottom of the fourth to trim the deficit to nine.
- However, the Athletics replied with three runs in the top portion of the fifth frame to stretch their advantage to 17-5.
- Making the most of their opportunities, TP staged a TWELVE run comeback in bottom of the fifth to tie the game 17-17.
- In a game that took almost 2 ½ hours to complete, TP tallied seventeen runs on a paltry THREE hits?!?!?
- TP’s Player of the Game was Evan (17). Evan got two putouts in the outfield and ripped one far into centre field for the best hit of the three TP got. Evan also led the team with three RBI’s.
The TP Bantam Selects (1-0-1) will travel to Connorvale Park next Thursday (May 23) night to play their next EBA Bantam Select Loop game versus the Royal York Boys at 8:30 p.m.