DUE TO EXTREMELY WET FIELD CONDITIONS, THE CITY OF TORONTO PARKS SUPERVISOR HAS CLOSED ALL THREE BASEBALL DIAMONDS AT CHRISTIE PITS
The Toronto Playgrounds Baseball Committee has announced that all Select team tryouts scheduled for Wednesday, October 2 have been cancelled due to extreme wet field conditions at Christie Pits.
Given how wet the infields and outfields already are, as well as the fact that it continues to rain, the City of Toronto Parks Supervisor has decided to close the sports fields for today, including all three baseball diamonds at Christie Pits.
As such, the inclement weather on Wednesday has scuttled the following outdoor Select tryout sessions at Christie Pits:
- The 6:00 p.m. TP 11U Major Mosquito Select (players born in 2009) tryout session at Christie Pits Diamond 3.
- The 6:00 p.m. TP 12U Minor Peewee Select (players born in 2008) tryout session at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Updated information regarding the rescheduling of the cancelled 2008 and 2009 Select tryout sessions will be posted when details have been finalized. Please check back for updates.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com.