Toronto Playground House League and Select Baseball Coaches Code of Conduct
The Toronto Playgrounds Baseball Committee will organize the recruitment and placement of all House League and Select coaches. All of our volunteer coaches must abide by and sign off on the following requirements:
- I will teach my players to play fairly, have fun and to respect the rules, the opponents, the coaches, volunteers and the umpires.
- I will ensure that ALL players, regardless of ability, will get equal instruction, field time, and support and will have an opportunity to play at each position.
- I will ensure all players have appropriate equipment and ensure that equipment is worn properly for protection and safety.
- I will communicate with parents and players to ensure they have the correct time for games and practices. Furthermore I will ensure I have parents’ contact details and I will communicate my contact details to the parents.
- I will demonstrate respect for the players, the opponents, the umpires, volunteers and the game.
- I will give constructive feedback to players and encourage our umpires and I will neither belittle nor verbally abuse: players, opponents, volunteers or umpires
- I will ensure I have made arrangements with my co-coaches, convenor or the TP Baseball committee in the event of my absence.
- I will endeavor to work through the NCCP coaching certification program and / or attend TP Baseball sponsored coaching clinics.
- I will remember that our number one goal is to have fun!