UPDATED on February 7, 2018
Toronto Playgrounds Baseball is now accepting registrations for our 2018 Toronto Playgrounds/Toronto Maple Leafs Baseball Club Summer Baseball Camps.
For Summer 2018 there will be two baseball camp options:
- Summer Baseball Camp
- Intensive Skills Baseball Camp
SUMMER BASEBALL CAMP
The summer baseball camps will take place at Christie Pits Park (located on the northwest corner of Bloor Street West and Christie Street).
The one week sessions will be held during July and August. Registrants are advised that all available spaces in our summer camps will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If a designated week fills up, interested applicants will be put on a sequential waiting list in the event a spot opens up.
Here are the seven weeks that are available:
- WEEK 1 > July 3-6*
- WEEK 2 > July 9-13
- WEEK 3 > July 16-20
- WEEK 4 > July 23-27
- WEEK 5 > July 30-August 3
- WEEK 6 > August 7-10*
- WEEK 7 > August 13-17
- The camps will run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily.
- Extended Care will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The summer baseball camp is open to participants aged 7 to 14 years.
- $260.00 per week [*$208.00 per week for the four day weeks]
- Extended Care is $10.00 per hour.
- 2 Camp Leads hired by TP Baseball will oversee the administration/programming of camp.
- 2 players from the Toronto Maple Leaf Baseball Club will work as Head Instructors.
- Instructors will be hired by from our players/umps/academy staff as camper numbers warrant.
- While the majority of each day will be involved with baseball skills and drills, campers will also have chances to play other sports and games (ultimate frisbee, flag football, capture the flag).
- Campers will also go swimming in the outdoor pool for of two afternoons each week.
- The pace and structure of the camp will be designed as to be appropriate for players involved in houseleague and recreational baseball.
INTENSIVE SKILLS BASEBALL CAMP
The Intensive Skills Baseball Camp will take place at Dominico Field at Christie Pits Park. This program is intended for players ages 10 to 18 playing baseball at the Rep or Select level.
The program will be offered as two 3-day sessions (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). One session will be offered in July and one in August. Registrants are advised that all available spaces in the program will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If a session fills up, interested applicants will be put on a sequential waiting list in the event a spot opens up.
- Session 1 > July 17, 18, and 19
- Session 2 > August 7, 8, and 9
- The Intensive Skills Baseball Camp will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day.
- The Intensive Skills Baseball Camp is open to participants aged 10 to 18 years of age.
- $250.00/per 3-day session.
- Damon Topolie, player/manager of the Toronto Maple Leaf Baseball Club and Coach/Instructor with the Ontario Blue Jays will be the Head Instructor of the camp (see bio at bottom of page for Damon Topolie). Players from the Toronto Maple Leaf Baseball Club (as camper numbers warrant) will work as Instructors under Damon’s lead.
- The drills and activities of the Intensive Skills Baseball Camp will focus exclusively on baseball. Other sports and games and swimming will not be part of the schedule. The pace and structure of the camp will be designed as to be appropriate for players involved in Rep or Select baseball.
DAMON TOPOLIE INSTRUCTOR/PLAYER BIOGRAPHY
- Current GM/Manager of Toronto Maple Leaf Baseball Club of the Intercounty Baseball League (IBL).
- Has played in the IBL from 1995-present.
- 8 time all star; 2002 playoff MVP; Named to Intercounty Baseball League top 100 players list.
- Ontario Blue Jays Catching Coordinator 2002-2011, 2016-present.
- Has trained 10 catchers drafted by MLB teams.
- Has trained 30 position players drafted by MLB teams
- Has trained over 200 players placed with USA college baseball teams.
- Played college baseball at Tusculum College 1996-98.
- Team MVP, Regional Player of the Year.
- Student assistant Baseball coach at Tusculum College 1999.
Here is the Summer Camp Registration/FAQ Information Guide:
- Please click on the link to the “Online Registration” form at the bottom of the Registration/FAQ Information Guide to access the online registration form.
- If you already have a Goalline Account, then please click “yes” to the “Are You A Returning Player” question and register your player using their name, player access code, and date of birth
- If you do not already have a Goalline Account then you should check “no” to the “Are You A Returning Player” question, and that will take you to the online form.
- You will provide information regarding the player (parents with more than one player will need to fill out a separate online form for each player…however, you can shorten the process somewhat by clicking on “Register Another Family Member Now” at the bottom of the “Registration Complete” section).
- You will need to answer the question as to whether the registrant has any allergies or medical conditions.
- To ensure that the parent is the primary account holder you should select “yes” to the “Is Parent/Guardian an account holder?” question, even if you are not currently an account holder…answering “yes” will allow you to create the parent account and manage all of your player accounts going forward.
- You will provide information regarding Parent 1 (mandatory) and, if applicable and desired, Parent 2 (optional).
Programs and Products
- In the Programs section, you will select the Summer Camp option (the only one).
- In the Products section, you will be able to choose which camp(s) and which week(s) you want to sign the player up for. Please make sure that you have carefully gone through the list of weeks for each camp that are listed a the above the Products section and make sure you are choosing your correct camp option between the “Summer Baseball Camp” and the “Intensive Skills Baseball Camp” options.
Review and Consent
- You will confirm your player and parent information (including birthdates).
- You will confirm the camp(s) and the week(s) that you are registering for from your form.
- Your “Total Due” will be listed under Programs and Products.
- You will need to read the Waiver and accept it by typing your name at the bottom of the page.
- You will read the other policies and the CASL (Canadian Anti Spam Legislation) Message.
- You need to check the box below the CASL message in order to receive any information emails from TP Houseleague Baseball.
- You will choose which payment method you are going to use to pay the registration fee.
- Information will be available regarding how to pay “off-line” by cheque or cash.
- If you wish to pay online by PayPal or credit card, please click on the PayPal button. To pay by PayPal, log in with your PayPal account. To pay by credit card, click on the “buy as a guest” link
(a smaller link below the PAYPAL login). Don’t double click if it’s taking a bit of time…be patient.
- Make sure you choose Canada (English) in the billing information section.
- Please click the “Close” button on the “Payment Confirmed” page and you will return to our “Registration Complete!” page.
After Completing the Registration Process
- If you wish to sign up another player from your family for the summer camp, please click on “Register Another Family Member Now” at the bottom of the Registration Complete! Section.
- You will receive a confirmation email for the player including information about the next steps.
- If this was your first time signing up on the Goalline system, you will also receive a parental email which will contain your parent access code for future use along with the player access code.
Summer Camp Online Registration Form Link
Please click on the link below to begin your online registration:
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as expeditiously as possible.