UPDATED on June 21, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING THE 2020 SUMMER BASEBALL CAMPS:
Due to the challenges of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Toronto Playgrounds Baseball Committee has decided to cancel the Summer Baseball Camp program for the 2020 season.
Please click on the following link for more information regarding our decision: MESSAGE TO OUR TP BASEBALL FAMILIES REGARDING THE CANCELLATION OF THE 2020 SUMMER BASEBALL CAMP PROGRAM
Toronto Playgrounds Baseball is accepting registrations for our 2020 Toronto Playgrounds/Toronto Maple Leafs Baseball Club Summer Baseball Camps.
For Summer 2020 there will again be two baseball camp options:
- Summer Baseball Camp
- Intensive Skills Baseball Camp
2020 SUMMER BASEBALL CAMP
The Summer Baseball Camp will take place at Christie Pits Park (located on the northwest corner of Bloor Street West and Christie Street).
The one week sessions of the Summer Baseball Camp will be offered during July and August. Registrants are advised that all available spaces in our summer camps will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Waiting lists will be established as required.
Here are the six weeks that are available:
- WEEK 1 > July 6-10
- WEEK 2 > July 13-17
- WEEK 3 > July 20-24
- WEEK 4 > August 10-14
- WEEK 5 > August 17-21
- WEEK 6 > August 24-28
The Summer Baseball Camp will run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily.
Extended Care will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Summer Baseball Camp is open to participants aged 7 to 12 years of age.
- $275.00 per week ($250.00 per week for all additional weeks)
- Extended Care is $5.00 per hour
Camp Supervisors hired by TP Baseball will oversee the overall operation of the camp. Two players from the Toronto Maple Leaf Baseball Club will work as Head Instructors. Assistant Instructors will be hired by TP Baseball from our players/umps/academy staff.
While most of each day will involve baseball activities, campers will also play other sports and games (ultimate frisbee, flag football, capture the flag) and go swimming two afternoons each week.
The pace/structure of the camp will be designed for house league and recreational players.
2020 INTENSIVE SKILLS BASEBALL CAMP
The Intensive Skills Baseball Camp will take place at Dominico Field at Christie Pits Park (the big diamond located in the northeast quadrant of the park). This program is intended for players ages 10 to 18 looking for a more intensive baseball camp experience.
The program will be offered as four 2-day sessions (Tuesday, Wednesday). Two sessions will be offered in July and two in August. Registrants are advised that all available spaces in the program will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If a session fills up, interested applicants will be put on a sequential waiting list in the event a spot opens up.
- Session 1 > July 14 and 15
- Session 2 > July 21 and 22
- Session 3 > August 11 and 12
- Session 4 > August 18 and 19
The Intensive Skills Baseball Camp will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day.
The Intensive Skills Baseball Camp is open to participants aged 10 to 18 years of age.
- $180.00/per 2-day session
Damon Topolie, player/manager of the Toronto Maple Leaf Baseball Club and Coach/Instructor with the Ontario Blue Jays will be the Head Instructor of the camp (see bio at bottom of page for Damon Topolie). Players from the Toronto Maple Leaf Baseball Club (as camper numbers warrant) will work as Instructors under Damon’s lead.
The drills and activities of the Intensive Skills Baseball Camp will focus exclusively on baseball.
Other sports, games and swimming will not be part of the schedule.
The pace/structure of the camp will be designed for players looking for a more intensive baseball camp experience.
Damon Topolie Instructor/Player Biography:
- Current GM/Manager of Toronto Maple Leaf Baseball Club of the Intercounty Baseball League (IBL).
- Has played in the Intercounty Baseball League from 1995-present.
- 8 time IBL All Star.
- 2002 IBL Playoff MVP
- Named to the Intercounty Baseball League Top 100 Players List.
- Ontario Blue Jays Catching Coordinator 2002-2011, 2016-present.
- Has trained 10 catchers drafted by MLB teams.
- Has trained 30 position players drafted by MLB teams
- Has trained over 200 players placed with USA college baseball teams.
- Played college baseball at Tusculum College 1996-98; Team MVP, Regional Player of the year.
- Student assistant Baseball coach at Tusculum College 1999.
Toronto Playgrounds Baseball/Toronto Maple Leafs Baseball Club Summer Camp Registration/FAQ Information Guide
• After reading through this sheet you will click on the link to the “Online Registration” form at the bottom of the Registration/FAQ Information Guide to access the on-line registration form.
• If you already have a Goalline Account, then please click “yes” to the “Are You A Returning Player” question and register your player using their name, player access code, and date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd);
• If you do not already have a Goalline Account then you should check “no” to the “Are You A Returning Player” question, and that will take you to the on-line form.
• You will provide information regarding the player (parents with more than one player will need to fill out a separate on-line form for each player…however you can shorten the process somewhat by clicking on “Register Another Family Member Now” at the bottom of the “Registration Complete” section).
• You will need to answer the question as to whether the registrant has any allergies or medical conditions.
• To ensure that the parent is the primary account holder you should select “yes” to the “Is Parent/Guardian an account holder?” question, even if you are not currently an account holder…answering “yes” will allow you to create the parent account and manage all of your player accounts going forward.
• You will provide information regarding Parent 1 (mandatory) and, if applicable and desired, Parent 2 (optional).
Programs and Products
• In the Programs section, you will select the Summer Camp option (the only one).
• In the Products section, you will be able to choose which camp(s) and which week(s) you want to sign the player up for. Please make sure that you have carefully gone through the list of weeks for each camp that are listed the above the Products section and make sure you are choosing your correct camp option between the “Summer Baseball Camp” and the “Intensive Skills Baseball Camp” options.
Review and Consent
• You will confirm your player and parent information (including birthdates).
• You will confirm the camp(s) and the week(s) that you are registering for from your form.
• Your “Total Due” will be listed under Programs and Products.
• You will need to read the Waiver and accept it by typing your name at the bottom of the page.
• You will read the other policies and the CASL (Canadian Anti Spam Legislation) Message.
• You need to check the box below the CASL message in order to receive any information emails from TP House League Baseball.
• You will choose which payment method you are going to use to pay the registration fee.
• Information will be available regarding how to pay “off-line” by cheque or cash.
• If you wish to pay online by credit card, please click on the appropriate button.
• Make sure you choose Canada (English) in the billing information section.
• Please click the “Close” button on the “Payment Confirmed” page and you will return to our “Registration Complete!” page.
After Completing the Registration Process
• If you wish to sign up another player from your family for the summer camp, please click on “Register Another Family Member Now” at the bottom of the Registration Complete! Section.
• You will receive a confirmation email for the player including information about the next steps.
• If this was your first time signing up on the Goalline system you will also receive a parental email which will contain your parent access code for future use along with the player access code.
Summer Camp Online Registration Link
Here is the link to the Online Registration Form for the summer camp:
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.