UPDATED on January 27, 2020
As some of you may already know, Baseball Ontario is the provincial governing body for baseball. Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball is a member of Baseball Ontario…we are a “Local Association”. For many years, Baseball Ontario has collected rosters and registration information for players and coaches on Select and Rep teams throughout the province. For the 2020 season, Baseball Ontario is moving to a “Central Registration” system for house league participants in the province as well.
So, when you register with Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball for 2020 by completing the online registration process, you will also be registering with Baseball Ontario. This doesn’t actually mean anything really different for house league parents and players…as Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball is (and has been for many years) a member of Baseball Ontario, we are affiliated with them through our insurance coverage, coach training, and the registration of our Select and Rep players coaches and teams. This has been the case for many years…this Central Registration initiative simply means that registration information regarding house league players across the province will also be centrally available to Baseball Ontario for use in their role as the provincial governing body for baseball.
The move to a “Central Registration” system has meant that there are some slight changes to the information contained in our Online Registration form, specifically in Section 3, which concerns Consent and Policies. Some of the policies now refer to Baseball Ontario and “the Local Association” (which is Toronto Playgrounds House League) instead of only our league. What you are consenting to won’t actually change…it will now apply to Baseball Ontario as well as Toronto Playgrounds House League.
The steps outlined below in the “Review and Consent” section of the Online Registration/FAQ Information Guide describe what you will see as you complete the online registration.
Toronto Playgrounds Baseball is accepting online registrations for the 2020 TP House League Baseball Season.
For the upcoming 2020 House League season, we will be accepting registrations for the following age classifications:
Year of Birth and Division
2015 and 2016 > Junior Tee Ball
2013 and 2014 > Senior Tee Ball
2012 > Junior Rookie Ball
2011 > Senior Rookie Ball
2009 and 2010 > Mosquito
2007 and 2008 > Peewee
2005 and 2006 > Bantam
2002, 2003 and 2004 > Varsity
Registrants are advised that they can save $15 per player on the 2020 fee with our TP Early Bird Discount Rate by simply registering their child/children up to and including February 17, 2020.
The 2020 Early Bird registration fee for our Tee Ball and Rookie Ball divisions is $180.00 per player. [After February 17, the Tee Ball and Rookie Ball fee will be $195.00 (regular rate).]
The 2020 Early Bird registration fee for our Mosquito, Peewee, Bantam and Varsity divisions is $210.00 per player. [After February 17, the Mosquito, Peewee, Bantam and Varsity fee will be $225.00 (regular rate).]
Families registering more than two children in our House League program can receive a $25.00 reduction in the registration fee of the third and any additional siblings signing up. Please email us at email@example.com to receive the discount code if you are in this situation. The code will need to be typed in the appropriate box on the payment page of the online registration form.
For more information regarding the days and times that the different House League Baseball age groups play their games and hold their practices, please click on the following link to access the 2020 House League Baseball Divisional Schedule: 2020 TP HOUSE LEAGUE BASEBALL DIVISION SCHEDULE INFORMATION
Please make sure that you read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Information Guide following this section before starting the online registration process.
Registrants who would prefer not to register online are asked to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive a printable copy of the registration form.
Registration/FAQ Information Guide
• Please click on the link to the “On-line Registration” form at the bottom of the Registration/FAQ Information Guide to access the online registration form.
• If you already have a Goalline Account, then please click “yes” to the “Are You A Returning Player” question and register your player using their name, player access code, and date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd).
• If you do not already have a Goalline Account then you should check “no” to the “Are You A Returning Player” question, and that will take you to the online form.
• You will provide information regarding the player (parents with more than one player will need to fill out a separate on-line form for each player…however you can shorten the process somewhat by clicking on the “Register Another Family Member Now” button at the bottom of the “Registration Complete” section).
• You will be able to make ONE teammate request which must be reciprocal (requested by the other player as well). We will accommodate teammate requests whenever possible, but considerations regarding team balance may prevent us from granting some requests.
• To ensure that the parent is the primary account holder you should select “yes” to the “Is Parent/Guardian an account holder?” question, even if you are not currently an account holder…answering “yes” will allow you to create the parent account and manage all of your player accounts going forward.
• You will provide information regarding Parent 1 (mandatory) and, if applicable and desired, Parent 2 (optional).
Programs and Products
• In this section, you will choose the division you wish to register your child for; the Year of Birth/Division chart is at the top of the page for reference.
• Once a division has filled up, there will be a waiting list option for that particular division…if you wish to be on the waiting list for that division you need to choose that option.
You will also have the option of making a donation to our “Help A Player Get In The Game” campaign:
• Contributions to the “Help a Player Get in the Game” campaign will create a pool of money that will be used by the league to pay the registration fee of players interested in participating in our league’s activities whose families require financial assistance in order for them to register. People interested in contributing can choose how many $10.00 increments they would like to donate.
Review and Consent
• You will confirm your player information (including birthdate) and confirm your parent information…to ensure that you are able to retrieve your access code for future use, player and parent 1 birthdates must be entered on the form correctly.
• You will confirm all division registration information for your player and any donation information from your form. Your “Total Due” will be listed under Programs and Products.
• You will need to read the Waiver and accept it by typing your name at the bottom of the page. The Waiver refers to “Baseball Ontario, its member associations and the Local Association”. Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball is a member association and in this particular case we are the Local Association, so this waiver covers our league as well as Baseball Ontario.
•You will read the CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation) message…you MUST check the box below that message in order to receive any information emails sent by Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball regarding our programs and events. The consent now also includes Baseball Ontario. However, while it starts off saying “We would like to contact you via email”, we can assure you that Baseball Ontario won’t be emailing house league families. Baseball Ontario does have occasions to contact people involved in rep and select programs and obviously league administrators…this is a case where by using their standard registration form, Baseball Ontario has given the misleading impression that they will also be contacting house league participants directly.
So, people don’t need to worry about receiving emails from Baseball Ontario and should stay subscribed so they will receive the important emails from Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball. You MUST check the box below that message in order to receive any information emails from TP House League Baseball. If you unsubscribe you WILL NOT receive important updates that are sent out through Goalline, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE BOX! Also please ensure that emails we send through Goalline do not end up going to your trash or spam folders.
The final section on the Review and Consent page contains the following two statements:
“By completing this form, you are registering with both the Local Association and Baseball Ontario.” That process was explained at the top of this page.
“Baseball Ontario appoints the Local Association to collect fees on its behalf, included in the registration fee collected through this process. No additional monies are charged to the parent registering locally. Baseball Ontario invoices the Local Association for fees collected.”
This is another case of the use of standardized wording unfortunately creating a very misleading impression. Baseball Ontario WILL NOT be invoicing Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball for any portion of the registration fees paid by parents for house league registration. While we will be paying Baseball Ontario for our annual membership, our insurance coverage, and coach training clinics, as we always have, there will be no new or additional monies paid to Baseball Ontario related to house league registration fees.
Payment (Read and follow these steps carefully!)
• You will choose which payment method you are going to use to pay the registration fee (and donation, if applicable).
• Information will be available regarding how to pay “off-line” by e-transfer, cheque or cash.
• If you wish to pay online by credit card, please click on the appropriate button.
• Make sure you choose Canada (English) in the billing information section.
• Please click the “Close” button on the “Payment Confirmed” page and you will return to our “Registration Complete!” page.
After Completing the Registration Process
• If you wish to register another child from your family, please click on the “Register Another Family Member Now” link at the bottom of the Registration Complete! Section.
• You will receive a confirmation email for the player including information about the next steps.
• You will also receive a parental email which will contain your parent access code for future use along with the player access code.
Online Registration Form Link
Please click on the following link below to begin your online registration:
If, after reading through the Registration/FAQ Information Guide, you still have questions regarding on-line registration, please contact us at email@example.com.