Updated on February 15, 2022
2022 TP House League On-Line Registration Information/FAQ
As has always been the case, the safety of our participants and their families is the number one priority for us here at Toronto Playgrounds Baseball. As was the case in 2020, there are a number of provincial and local regulations and Return to Sport health and safety protocols that will be in place due to us still being in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following Organizational Background, House League Divisions, and Registration Fee sections provide information you need to know before beginning registration. The On-Line Registration Process section will then take you through the on-line form step by step.
- Baseball Ontario is the provincial governing body for baseball in Ontario.
- Toronto Playgrounds Baseball is a “Local Association” member of Baseball Ontario.
- Baseball Ontario has for many years collected rosters and registration information for players and coaches on Select and Rep teams throughout the province (including our TP teams).
- In 2020 Baseball Ontario moved to a “Central Registration” system for house league participants as well.
- Therefore, when you register for 2022 house league with Toronto Playgrounds Baseball by completing the on-line registration form, you will also be “registering” with Baseball Ontario.
- This process won’t make any real difference to your “baseball experience” with TP however, since Toronto Playgrounds Baseball has been a member association of Baseball Ontario for many years. We have been affiliated with them through our insurance coverage, coach training, and the registration of our select and rep players coaches and teams. “Local Association” will refer to Toronto Playgrounds Baseball.
- This “Central Registration” initiative simply means that registration information regarding house league players will also be centrally available to Baseball Ontario for use in their role as the provincial governing body for baseball, in situations where they need to know numbers of players, age breakdowns, etc.
House League Divisions
For the 2022 House League season, the following age divisions will be in effect:
|Year of Birth||Division|
|2017 and 2018||Junior Tee Ball|
|2015 and 2016||Senior Tee Ball|
|2014||Junior Rookie Ball|
|2013||Senior Rookie Ball|
|2011 and 2012||Mosquito|
|2009 and 2010||Peewee|
|2007 and 2008||Bantam|
|2004, 2005 and 2006||Varsity|
- Parents wishing to register in a division other than the one corresponding to their child’s birth year will need to get approval for that by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The on-line form will not allow parents to register “out of division”.
- The days and times that the different age groups play their games and have their practices can be found on the 2022 TP House League Baseball Division Schedule which is posted on our website.
- The 2022 Early Bird fee for our Tee Ball and Rookie Ball divisions is $230.00 per player.
- The 2022 Regular registration fee for our Tee Ball and Rookie Ball divisions is $245.00 per player.
- The 2022 Early Bird fee for our Mosquito, Peewee, Bantam and Varsity divisions is $255.00 per player.
- The 2022 Regular registration fee for our Mosquito, Peewee, Bantam and Varsity divisions is $270.00 per player.
- The last day for the Early Bird fee is March 13 2022.
- Regular registration fee begins March 14 2022.
- Families registering more than two children in our House League program can receive a $25.00 reduction in the registration fee of the third and any additional siblings signing up. Please email us at email@example.com to receive the discount code if you are in this situation. You will need to type the code in the appropriate box on the payment page of the online registration form.
The increase in fees for 2022 reflects increased costs on the part of Toronto Playgrounds Baseball for personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies, and equipment such as forehead thermometers, all of which are essential to the provision of the safest possible house league program for all of our players and families. We are also going to be taking on additional staffing charges regarding our Field Supervisors, as we continue to ensure that we have a sufficient number of “eyes and hands” at all of our diamonds to ensure that our activities are taking place safely.
As always, parents can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if they would like to discuss an extended payment plan or financial assistance regarding our fee.
On-Line Registration Process
NEW FOR 2022 – TP House League Baseball will be using a different registration system (TeamSnap). Please read below:
Once you have read through this information and the 2022 TP House League Baseball Division Schedule, you will have all of the information you need to register on-line. Once on-line registration has gone “live”, you will be able to access the on-line registration form by clicking on the “2022 House League On-Line Registration Form” link found at the bottom of the On-Line Registration/FAQ page of our website. You can register players for any of our house league divisions on-line.
A player’s registration will not be considered finalized until payment has been made or a payment arrangement has been made with the league coordinator. If you would like to request financial assistance, please complete your child’s/children’s registration(s), choose the “offline” payment method, and contact us at email@example.com.
On-Line Registration Form
Clicking on the link to the on-line registration form will take you to the “Welcome to TeamSnap’s Club & League Registration” screen.
- If you already have a TeamSnap account, enter your email and password and click Login;
- If you do not have a TeamSnap account, click “Sign Up”, which will take you to the “Sign Up with TeamSnap” page;
- To sign up, enter your First and Last Name, your Birthday, Email and Password (which you will confirm a second time);
- Click the Create Your Account button.
After clicking the Login button or the Create Your Account button you will be directed to the on-line form.
Page 1: Participant (and Parent) Info
Step 1: Enter Participant Information
If the child being registered has previously been registered in a TeamSnap on-line registration form, their name will appear in a pop-up dialog box at the top of page 1 and you will be able to check their name and then click on the “Register Participant” button. Some of the information previously entered for that child will be automatically entered in the “Participant Info” fields (including the “Additional Participant Info” fields) on page 1 of the form. Please carefully check all of the fields and information that is automatically entered to make sure it is still current and correct, and then add any information still required.
If the child being registered has not previously been registered in a TeamSnap on-line registration form, click on the “Create New Participant” button and proceed to enter the information described below.
You will be required to enter information regarding the Participant’s name, address, and date of birth. You’ll have the option of entering an email address and phone number.
In the Additional Participant Info section, you will have the option to:
- enter one name in the Teammate Request space (we will try to accommodate requests, but if a particular teammate request would make balancing teams not possible then it will not be granted. Also, if more than one name is entered the request may not be granted);
- provide information regarding any medical conditions/allergies we should know about;
- indicate the gender of the Participant;
- enter, if applicable, the Multi-Child Discount code for the third (and subsequent) participant being registered from the same family.
If, after entering the information for the participant, you want to register an additional participant in our house league who has previously been registered in a TeamSnap on-line registration form, click the “Import Past Participant” button in the middle of page 1 and check the name of the participant you’d like to register. As with the first participant, some of the information previously entered for that child will be automatically entered in the “Participant Info” fields (including the “Additional Participant Info” fields) on page 1 of the form. Please carefully check all of the fields and information that is automatically entered to make sure it is still current and correct, and then add any information still required.
If you want to register an additional participant in our house league who has not previously been registered in a TeamSnap on-line registration form, click the “Add Another Participant” button in the middle of page 1 and then enter the required information as you did for the first participant.
Step 2: Enter Parent Info
If you clicked on either the “Register Participant” or the “Import Past Participant” buttons mentioned above, some of the information entered for Parent 1 on previous registrations will be automatically entered in the “Parent Info” fields (including the “Additional Parent Info” fields) on page 1 of the form. Please carefully check all of the fields and information to make sure it is still current and correct, and then add any information still required. You will have the option of entering the name, email address, cell phone and home phone numbers for Parent 2 if applicable.
If the participant you are registering is a “New” participant, then you will be required to enter information regarding Parent 1’s name, email address and cell phone number, and you’ll have the option of entering a home phone number. You will have the option of entering the name, email address, cell phone and home phone numbers for Parent 2 if applicable.
In the Additional Parent Info section, there are three items to which you will have the option of saying “yes” or “no”. They involve Volunteering, Coaching, and Providing Permission for the Participant to be Photographed. Beside each one you will see a question mark inside a circle. Click on the circle to read the text and if you wish to say “yes” then check the appropriate box.
Step 3: Show or Hide Info
If you do not want your contact information visible to other parents in TeamSnap then check the box at the bottom of page 1 to “Hide all contact information from teammates”.
Click on the “Save and Continue” button to proceed to page 2.
Page 2: Documents & Waivers
On page 2 of the on-line form, you will be required to agree to the terms of four waivers for each participant being registered. These are the waiver documents that are available on the Toronto Playgrounds Baseball website (www.tpbaseball.ca) under the House League tab.
Please read the text in the box for each waiver, and then you can click on the link to the waiver document which is located above the text. After reading the waiver document, you need to enter your name in the box below the text and then click on the “Sign Waiver” button. You will need to enter your name as it was entered on page 1 of the form.
If you are registering more than one participant on the registration form, you will need to “sign” all four waivers for each participant separately. So, if you are registering two participants you will need to enter your name in eight consent boxes (and if three participants then twelve boxes, etc.).
Once you have agreed to the terms of all four waivers by entering your name and clicking “Sign Waiver”, you will click on the “Save and Continue” button and proceed to page 3.
Page 3: Participant Fees
On this page you will choose the division in which you would like to register the participant. All of the available options will be displayed, and the choices you will have will be based upon the year of birth of the participant. The fee for each division will be indicated beside the division name. If you are registering for Junior or Senior Tee Ball or Junior or Senior Rookie Ball, you will need to choose from the available days.
Once you have chosen the division you wish to register the participant in, you will click on the “Save and Continue” button and proceed to page 4.
Page 4: Checkout
On this page the first thing to do is check the Participant Fee and the Total fee that are listed to make sure they are correct.
If you would like to register another Participant from your family (and didn’t do so when you were on page 1 of the form), you can click on the “Add Another Participant” button. You will be taken to page 1 of the registration form and you can go through the process of registering another Participant. If you add another Participant at this point you will have to agree to all of the waivers again for all of the Participants you had previously registered on this form as well as this latest Participant. If you add another Participant when you are on page 1 then you do not have to agree to the forms a second time for previous registered Participants.
After checking that the displayed fees and total fee are correct, you will complete the following steps:
Step 1: Choose a Payment Method
You will choose to either pay online or offline. If you have money on deposit with our league from 2021 or 2020 then choose offline payment and we will arrange with you the payment of any remaining balance. If you are not sure whether you currently have money on deposit with us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose offline payment then you will see the following message:
“Checkout Instructions. Please continue to our offline payment confirmation screen to print your offline voucher and complete checkout.”
To proceed to the offline payment confirmation screen, you will click on the “Continue Checkout” button.
On page 5 you will see the “Thanks for Registering!” message.
- If you are paying by e-transfer you do not need to print the voucher shown on page 5. However, please include the Registration ID number in the message box for your e-transfer, which should be sent to email@example.com.
- If you would like to pay by credit card after completing and submitting your registration, let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an invoice which you can pay online.
- If you absolutely need to pay by cash or cheque, email email@example.com to make arrangements.
If you choose online payment then you will be able to pay by credit card by following Step 2 below.
Step 1: Confirm Payment and Finish Checkout
If you chose online as your payment method, you will choose either “Past Credit Card” or “New Credit Card”.
If you have previously paid a TeamSnap registration by credit card then choose “Past Credit Card”. If the information from the past card is still current then you will click on the “Confirm Payment” button and proceed to page 5.
If you have not previously paid a TeamSnap registration by credit card, or if the information on the past card is no longer current or valid, click on “New Credit Card”. You will then enter the card information, click on the “Confirm Payment” button and proceed to page 5.
Page 5: Thanks for Registering and What’s Next
On page 5 your payment (if online) or amount due (if offline) information will be confirmed.
In the What’s Next? Box there will be details as to how you will receive information from us regarding the 2022 House League season and what the next steps will be, and there is also a “Go to Dashboard” button you can click to go to your dashboard page.
For anyone who would like to find out more at this point regarding what your TeamSnap account offers, here is the link to an article that provides information regarding many of the features of your TeamSnap account:
At this point you will be registered for the 2022 Toronto Playgrounds House League season! If you have any questions regarding the online registration process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If after reading through the Registration Information FAQ page you still have questions regarding on-line registration, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please click on the link below to begin your online registration: