THE SELECT TEAM TRYOUTS ENTER THEIR FINAL LAPS BEFORE THE TEAM ROSTERS ARE DETERMINED; UPDATE: FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF MINOR & MAJOR PEEWEE SELECT TEAM ROSTERS DELAYED UNTIL APRIL 22
UPDATED on Sunday, April 14 at 11:00 p.m.
The TP Baseball Committee has finalized the schedule for the remaining series of its Select Team Tryouts on April 13, 14 and 15.
ROOKIE SELECT TEAM TRYOUT (2004-2005):
Saturday, April 13 > 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. [Bickford Centre Gym]
MOSQUITO SELECT TEAM TRYOUTS (2002-2003):
Saturday, April 13 > 4:45 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. [Bickford Centre Gym]
Sunday, April 14 > 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. [Christie Pits Diamond # 3]
PEEWEE SELECT TEAM TRYOUTS (2000-2001):
Sunday, April 14 > 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. [Christie Pits Diamond # 2]
Monday, April 15 > 7:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. [Bickford Centre Gym]
BANTAM SELECT TEAM TRYOUT (1998-1999):
Monday, April 15 > 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. [Bickford Centre Gym]
In the event of uncertain weather, Parents and Players participating in the outdoor Select Tryouts are strongly advised to check our Hotline (416-392-1914, Press 4) or Twitter feed (@TPbaseballnews) in our sidebar for the latest updates on the status of their tryout session. Information will be posted 1 to 1½ hours before the start of your scheduled tryout.
As our respective Select Team tryouts for the 2013 season enter their final days, the TP Baseball Committee would like to alert players and parents that the tryout sessions are entering the final stages whereby decisions will inevitably have to made concerning the composition of the final team rosters.
The Committee would like to let players and parents participating in the Select Team Tryouts to know the following regarding the tryouts and the choosing of the players for the Select teams:
- UPDATE: Due to the fact that two Peewee Select Teams (Minor & Major) are being put together this season, the final team rosters for our respective Peewee Select Teams will not be finalized and announced until after next weekend, when there will be another outdoor session scheduled.
- The final rosters for our other Select Teams will be announced by Monday, April 15, which means that coaches will have made their final decisions regarding player selection by the evening of Sunday, April 14.
- Between March 18 and April 14, there will be four more indoor Select Team Tryouts and at least two outdoor tryout sessions (weather permitting) arranged for each age group.
- In order to be considered for the Select Team, a player MUST attend a minimum of 50% of the tryout sessions between March 18 and April 14.
- The Committtee is planning to field one Select team each in the Rookie Ball (2004-2005), Mosquito (2002-2003) and Bantam (1998-1999) age groups; and two teams in the Peewee (2000-2001) age category (based upon the number of interested and experienced head coaches).
Since there is only a few days left in the Select Team Tryout process, it is imperative that any Players or Parents, who have been sitting on the fence about participating in the tryouts, do so immediately. The Select coaches will base their team roster selections solely upon the player’s participation and performance at these tryout sessions.
Players will ONLY be allowed to participate in the select tryouts after we have received a completed house league registration for the player, along with either having the full fee paid or having a payment arrangement in place.
The Toronto Playgrounds Baseball Select program is an extension of the house league program. Playing Select gives players the opportunity to play more baseball at a higher skill level without having to make the larger time and financial commitment that is involved with “Rep” baseball. The select team is similar to a “house league all star team.”
Parents and Players are advised that there are tryouts involved for our Select teams, and players have to make the teams. There is a registration fee for the select teams which is in addition to the House League registration fee. The fee will depend upon the number of tournaments the team enters and the type of uniform they decide to use. Players MUST be registered in our house league baseball program in order to tryout for our Select teams.
Additionally, Parents and Players are advised that any player who makes the Select Team MUST fully pay their Select registration fee (and respective House League registration fee) before the start of the Select regular season schedule in order to play for their team. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
Parents and Players are also advised that Select players must also participate regularly and appropriately in our house league program. When playing house league games, the players will be expected to wear their house league uniforms, just as they will be expected to wear their select uniforms when playing their select games.
There are set nights for select games in each division, and we will be informing you of those as soon as we have confirmed them with the loop organizers.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.