IN A BARNBURNER TO CLOSE OUT THEIR REGULAR SEASON, THE O’s REIGN SUPREME OVER THE ROYALS AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Post by Matthew Johnston
Under the lights on a warm evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2, the Orioles prevailed over the Royals 14-11 in a sizzling four inning Peewee Division barnburner.
Here are the highlights:
- Simon (14) showcased his five-tool ability with a three hit night, grinding out an eleven pitch at-bat for a game tying RBI single in the top of the fourth and got handsy with an RBI double in the third. Simon also gunned down a runner for a crucial out in the bottom of fourth while behind the dish, reminding some in the stands of a young Gary “The Kid” Carter of Montreal Expos fame.
- Fabrizio “Gutshot” (8) displayed his usual poise under pressure, tickling a couple of singles into the lush outfield grass.
- Sasha “The Professor” (5) must have been reviewing his lecture notes before the game, as evident by the tutorial he put on at the plate, getting on base in all three plate appearances. He also displayed some wisdom on the base paths with an important tag-up on a pop-fly to score from third.
- Lukas “Spitz” (10) flashed the leather to snare a hotshot liner at first base to rob a Royals batter of extra bases that sent the crowd into a frenzy. The fans were buzzing about the play, wondering if we were witnessing the next Don Mattingly or perhaps a Keith Hernandez in the making as a stalwart defense presence at first base.
- Jaime (2) showed why they call him “J-Roc”, pitching a rock solid bottom of the fourth. Bringing the composure of a seasoned veteran, he pounded the strike zone and kept the dangerous Royals hitters off balance to secure the win.
- A great game by both teams.