AN UNFAVOURABLE SUNDAY WEATHER FORECAST HAS FORCED THE POSTPONEMENT OF THE DERBY EVENT AT CHRISTIE PITS; SUNDAY TEE BALL & ROOKIE BALL TROPHY PICKUP ALSO CANCELLED
The forecast is calling for showers and thunderstorms to resume early this afternoon. In addition to this, the infields and outfields are already extremely wet, and this causes two big problems. First of all, since we have to run extension cords to power the pitching machines, there are serious safety issues with the ground being so wet.
Secondly, once the batted balls start to get wet from the ground/grass, even if they are towelled off they start to come out of the pitching machines more erratically. This can also be a safety issue and it’s also a timing issue, because if we have to give batters 15 or so pitches in order for them to get 10 good ones, it will make the wait for everyone else in line unreasonable.
For these reasons, the Committee is cancelling for today, but we’re planning on rescheduling the Derby for the very near future. We’ll let everyone know as soon as we have a new date!
In addition, the Tee Ball and Rookie Ball photo and trophy pick up that was going to take place today (Sunday, September 21) is also being cancelled, but we are going to schedule a pick up date and time for later this week at the Alex Duff Pool Building in Christie Pits. We’ll let everyone know the details by tomorrow evening.
And finally, the Committee has experienced technical difficulties beyond our control in updating its TP Baseball Hotline this morning with information concerning the cancellation of today’s Derby event. We apologize for any inconvenience resulting to anyone who tried to use the Hotline today to get a Derby update.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.