PUTTING ON THE RITZ, TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS TAKE DOWN THE METS IN OPENING ROUND ROBIN GAME AT THE PELHAM MINOR BASEBALL ASSOCIATION TOURNAMENT
Game Summary composed with file from Bill Evans
Beneath the glimmering twilight on a picturesque Spring night, our Toronto Playgrounds Major Peewee Selects defeated the Milton Mets 9-2 in six innings this evening at Centennial Park Diamond 1 to win their opening round robin game at the Pelham Minor Baseball Association Tournament in Fenwick, Ontario.
Here are the highlights:
- TP starter Alden (7) pitched four strong innings against the potent Mets batting order to earn the Game MVP honours.
- In solid workmanlike fashion, TP catcher Piper (13) went the distance behind the dish.
- With focus and determination, TP reliever Jordan (14) picked up from Alden and held the Mets to a single run the rest of the way.
- Leandro (10) stroked a grace under pressure 2 RBI double in the fourth to open up a lead on the pesky Mets.
- The TP defense shone as Zenon (9) and Jonathan (19) made great catches in the outfield to stifle the Milton offense.
- Piper went 3 for 3 at the plate to spark the TP offensive attack.
- Aaron (54) delivered two key hits versus the Mets.
- Raymond (16) made a Gold Glove defensive play at third base.
The TP Major Peewee Selects journey at the Pelham tourney continues tomorrow (Saturday, June 11) when they play against the Georgina Bulldogs in a noon time round robin game at Centennial Park Diamond 3. Later in the afternoon, TP will host the Waterdown Wolves in their third and final round robin game at Centennial Park Diamond 3 at 5 p.m.
Updates from the tourney will be posted as they become available.
GO! TP! GO!