A FREE BARBECUE LUNCH FOR PLAYERS AND COACHES PARTICIPATING IN OUR END OF SEASON ‘SEPTEMBER MADNESS’ TOURNEY IS ON DECK FOR THIS SATURDAY AT CHRISTIE PITS
The Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball Committee has released the lunch schedule for the teams participating in our end of season 2016 “September Madness’ Tournament.
The BBQ lunch for all of our participating players and coaches will take place on Saturday, September 10 at Christie Pits. Each player and coach will receive a free lunch consisting of a hot dog (meat or veggie), bag of chips, and a juice box.
Food and drinks will also be available for sale at our TP Baseball BBQ Zone to parents, siblings, friends, and other fans.
Here is the ‘September Madness’ Team Lunch Schedule:
- Astros and Royals: 11:30 am (after game at Christie)
- White Sox and Orioles: 11:45 am (after game at Bickford)
- A’s and Angels: 12:30 pm (before game at Christie)
- Mariners and Jays: 1:15 pm (after game at Christie)
- Twins and Lizzies: 1:30 pm (after game at Bickford);
- Red Sox and Rays: 2:15 pm (after game at Dovercourt
- Pirates and Mets: 11:30 am (after game at Christie)
- Cubs and Giants: 12:00 noon (after game at Dovercourt)
- Dodgers and Lizzies: 1:00 pm (before game at Christie)
- Expos and Cardinals: 1:30 pm (after game at Christie)
Rangers and Diamondbacks: 12:30 pm (after game at Christie)
Reds: 2:00 p.m. (before game at Christie)
For teams eating before their game, we’d like the coaches to please arrange a time to meet their players so that they can organize the team order. We don’t want all of the players and coaches coming to the BBQ tables…it’s too crowded and confusing. Instead we’ll be asking the coaches to organize a team order (number of meat hog dogs, number of veggie hot dogs) and either come to the BBQ with the entire order or ask a parent to do so….the entire order will then be given to the person. It will take about 15 minutes to process the order.
In a few cases teams will receive their free lunches after coming to Christie from games at the Bickford South or Dovercourt diamonds. In these cases we’d also really like the coaches to arrange to re-group with everyone at Christie and bring one entire team order to the BBQ. Thanks in advance for your cooperation with this.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.