THE DEVIL RAYS STING THE BEANTOWNERS AT TRINITY-BELLWOODS PARK
Beneath a duvet of hot and hazy skies, the Rays defeated the Red Sox 7-4 in three innings of Thursday Mosquito Division action this evening at Trinity-Bellwoods Park Diamond 2.
Here is a Rays recap of the proceedings courtesy of Roe Sivanandan:
- With a supportive crowd of parents, friends, and park goers on hand at Trinity-Bellwoods Park, the Rays hosted the Red Sox under a layer of clear blue skies, with the sun beaming down on the field.
- In just their second game of the regular season, the Rays showed their loyal fans and themselves what calibre of team they are and can be in 2017 with a solid win over the Red Sox.
- Rays starter Charlie C. (11) limited the potent Beantown offence to just three runs in the top of the first, while ringing up the third out with the bases loaded.
- After Mason (10) started off the bottom of the first with a single, the Rays batting order displayed immense patience at the dish to rally back, with Euan (4) stealing home to give the Rays a 4-3 lead.
- In the top of the second, Rays reliever Charlie Z. (5) pitched a solid frame where he only yielded a run to the Red Sox.
- The bottom of the second proved to be a BIG inning, with a single from Marshall (15) and a three-run home run from Jake (12) that propelled the Rays into a 7-4 lead.
- Rays closer Jake (12) pitched a gem in the final inning to keep the Red Sox off the scoreboard and preserve the 7-4 victory.
- Catchers Jules (3), Liam (7) and Charlie Z. (5) provided a stabilizing influence behind the plate for the Rays.
- The umpires, along with the Rays and Red Sox coaches and players, decided to play the bottom portion of the final inning to give everyone some extra playing time under game conditions.