TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS TAME THE WOLVERINES AT PELMO PARK TO EARN ITS FIFTH EBA SELECT VICTORY OF THE SEASON
Under a canopy of hot and hazy summer skies, the Toronto Playgrounds Major Peewee Selects defeated the Weston Wolverines 17-2 in three innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Select action this evening at Pelmo Park.
Here is a brief recap of the proceedings courtesy of Paul Kelly, Jeff Kolyn and Vincent Lynch:
- Daniel (46) had a great game with four RBI’s against the Wolverines.
- Jackson (8) also chipped in with a four RBI game versus Weston.
- After scoring six in the first, TP continued to take advantage of the walks issued by the Wolverines bullpen and delivered key hits when necessary to build upon a lead that it would not surrender. The Major Peewees would tally eight more runs in the second and another five insurance runs in the third to salt the game away.
- Jona (15), PJ (17) and Daniel led the TP hit parade with two each.
- Displaying patience at the dish, Taio (1) drew three key walks.
- Jude (3) delivered two doubles.
- Best TP defensive putout was a relay from Jude to James (6) to Jona that got the out at second against an attempted double.
- Jona also made a great catch in right field to help out TP starter Max (20) and bring the curtain down on the second inning.
- Max pitched two strong innings allowing only one run. TP closer Jude pitched the last inning, allowing the other run.
- TP snapped a four game losing streak to earn its fifth EBA regular season victory.
The TP Major Peewee Selects (5-4) continue their summer road trip on the EBA Select circuit when they travel to Millwood Park next Wednesday, July 12 to battle the Bloordale (Green) Bombers at 6:15 p.m.