ANOTHER EIGHTEEN GAMES ARE ON TAP AS THE 2017 EDITION OF THE TP HOUSE LEAGUE BASEBALL TOURNAMENT CONTINUES IN OUR MOSQUITO, PEEWEE AND BANTAM DIVISIONS THIS EVENING AT CHRISTIE PITS , BICKFORD PARK AND DOVERCOURT PARK
It was a beautiful Saturday at the diamond yesterday. Perfect September weather that allowed us to play our entire schedule of twenty-nine round robin games. And there was a boat load of great baseball all around.
With another 29 games completed yesterday, the 2017 edition of the annual Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball Tournament continues today with a whopping eighteen more games in our respective Mosquito, Peewee and Bantam divisions.
Here are a couple of important items to take note of during the weekend portion of the tourney:
- All players and coaches involved with our tournament will be receiving a free lunch this weekend from the TP BBQ Zone. Here is a link to the: Team Lunch Schedule. Please note that the free lunch is for players and coaches only. Parents, family and friends are welcome to purchase food and drinks from our BBQ Zone from 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Our TP Barbecue Queen Carolyn Murphy will be happy to serve you.
- Another opportunity is available for any players who missed the Photo Day Event back in June. Players can have their individual photo taken on Sunday from 10:30 to 3:00 p.m. Just check in with our photographer near the TP BBQ Zone area.
- Pay a visit to our TP Marketplace Table near the TP BBQ Zone and help support our Lights On 3 initiative. Chic looking TP Baseball Hoody’s will be on sale this weekend…the perfect fashion accessory for the chilly willy weather ahead. In addition, visitors can also purchase TP toques, TP Sweet Spot Maple Syrup and TP Keeping It Classy water bottles.
A grand total of 84 tournament games are scheduled to be played within an eleven day span (weather permitting, of course).
The sheer amount of baseball games slated to be played is a baseball lover’s delight. During the weekend portion of the tournament (when forty-seven games are scheduled to be played, it’s a virtual cornucopia of baseball from dawn to dusk. It’s no wonder that we fondly refer to our tournament as ‘September Madness’.
Parents and Players are strongly advised to please check their tournament schedule to see what diamond your game is being played at. Since we are using a number of diamonds for the end of season tournament, please make sure you know where to go.
Here are the TP House League Baseball Tournament Schedules in PDF format:
- 2017 MOSQUITO DIVISION ROUND ROBIN TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
- 2017 MOSQUITO DIVISION ELIMINATION ROUND TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
- 2017 PEEWEE DIVISION ROUND ROBIN TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
- 2017 PEEWEE DIVISION ELIMINATION ROUND TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
- 2017 BANTAM DIVISION TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE [REVISED]
It is very important that we start all games at the start time listed on the schedule…please try to be at the diamond at least 30 minutes before the start time to give the coaches a chance to get the line ups organized.
Also, it is really important, given that the sun sets earlier and Christie Pits Diamond 3, Bickford Park and Trinity-Bellwoods Diamond 2 has no lights, and that we have a second game scheduled on Christie Pits Diamond 2 and Dovercourt Park each weeknight, that players and coaches are ready to go at the time indicated on the schedule. Games scheduled for 5:45 p.m. will have to start on time at 5:45 p.m. regardless of how many players are present.
Because we really want to wrap up the tournament by the end of the second full week of September, we will play in conditions of light rain that might have caused us to cancel regular season games. So don’t assume a game is cancelled because of rain.
On days of questionable weather, Players and Parents are strongly advised to check our Hotline [(416) 392-1914], Twitter feed [@], or website [https://torontoplaygrounds.ca/news/] if the weather is suspect for updates on the status of their games. Updates will be posted 45-60 minutes prior to the official game time.
Parents, Players and Coaches in our participating divisions are also strongly advised to read the TP Tournament Rules that are applicable to them so everyone is cognizant of the rules governing ‘September Madness’.
To access a PDF copy of the tournament rules pertaining to your division, please click on the corresponding link below:
- 2017 MOSQUITO DIVISION TOURNAMENT RULES
- 2017 PEEWEE DIVISION TOURNAMENT RULES
- 2017 BANTAM DIVISION TOURNAMENT RULES
Please click on the following link to access the 2017 TP House League Baseball ‘September Madness’ Tournament Letter.
We will also be needing to have someone acting as the official scorekeeper for each game…league personnel will be on hand to do this if necessary, but if any of you have scored games before and would be willing to do so during the tournament, either let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or let one of our league personnel know at the diamond. We will really appreciate any assistance we receive with the scorekeeping.
Finally, although the tournament is a really exciting time of the baseball season, we still expect everyone in their excitement to remember that it’s important to treat everyone… players, coaches, other parents and umpires in a respectful and polite matter. Our umpires, players, and coaches are all doing their best and learning more every game…let’s keep our comments and actions positive and supportive.
There are only 28 games remaining. Hop on board the SST that is ‘September Madness’ before it’s too late!
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.