IN THEIR EBA ROOKIE BALL SELECT LOOP HOME OPENER, TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS GO DOWN SWINGING AGAINST THE HIGH OCTANE BOMBERS AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Post composed with file from Reagan Maude
Beneath a tranquil patchwork of warm and genteel skies, the Bloordale Green defeated the Toronto Playgrounds Rookie Ball Selects 18-3 in seven innings of Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Rookie Ball Select Loop action this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 3.
Here is a brief recap of the proceedings:
- Tuesday evening was a beautiful night for baseball as the TP Rookie Ball Selects battled it out against the Bloordale Green in their 2019 EBA Select Loop home opener at Christie Pits.
- The game started storng for TP, as they held the mighty Bombers to a single run in the top half of the first inning.
- In the bottom of the first, Logan and Malito stroked respective singles that put a pair of TP runners on base. Subsequently, Logan would come to home with a run during the inning and tie the game 1-1.
- The score remained deadlocked 1-1 until the third frame when the Bombers brought in a pair of runs to take a 3-1 lead.
- Despite their offensive struggles at the plate, the TP defence made some great plays to keep the score close until the fifth inning, when the Bombers really got their bats going.
- Both Ciaran and Nico delivered singles for TP in the third frame. Jack stroked a single in the fourth, and Asher and singled respectively in the bottom portion of the fifth.
- After Henry hit a hard ground rule double in the bottom of the sixth, Ciaran and Nico combined to eventually bring Henry home with TP’s second run.
- With a TP runner on base, Caz delivered a MASSIVE triple in the bottom of the seventh inning that brought Eamon homeward with TP’s third and final run of the game.
- When the dust had finally settled, TP fell to the Bombers 18-3.
- Special kudos goes to the Bloordale Green for their great sportsmanship!
After a brief sojourn at home, the never say die TP Rookie Ball Selects (1-2) hit the road again on Tuesday (May 21) for their next EBA Rookie Ball Select Loop contest against the York Riverdogs at Smythe Park at 6:30 p.m.