TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS TAKE DOWN THE BOMBERS AT MILLWOOD PARK TO WIN THEIR OPENING ROUND ROBIN PLAYOFF GAME
Game Post composed with file from Paul Kelly
Beneath a canopy of warm and genteel summer skies, the Toronto Playgrounds Bantam Selects defeated the Bloordale Gold 16-6 in six innings this evening at Millwood Park to win their opening round robin playoff game at the 2019 Etobicoke Baseball Association (EBA) Bantam Select Championship Tournament.
Here are some highlights:
- Toronto Playgrounds got off to a rocky start when Bloordale jumped out to an early 6-0 lead in the top half of the first.
- Unfazed, TP answered back in posthaste fashion with seven runs in the bottom of the first frame to take a 7-6 lead. Vince (19) hit into a groundout that brought Dante (33) home with TP’s winning run.
- The game remained a taut and nail biting affair until the bottom of the sixth when TP exploded for nine runs to break the game wide open and secure the hard fought victory.
- After being roughed up for six runs in the opening frame, TP starter Josh (7) found his mojo and kept the Bloordale off the scoring ledger in the second and third innings.
- In a stellar outing, TP reliever Vince pitched three scoreless innings of relief as he kept the high octane Bombers offence in the airplane hangar.
- Jackson (8) powered the TP attack with two triples and a single versus Bloordale. One of Jackson’s key triples came with bases loaded and he came homeward on a Bombers error on the same play to tally a big four runs for TP.
The TP Bantam Selects (1-0) continue their playoff journey at the EBA Bantam Select Championship Tournament tomorrow (Friday) evening at Millwood Park when they battle the Annette A’s at 6:00 p.m.
Additional updates to follow as they become available.
GO! TP! GO!