AFTER THE BRONX BOMBERS ERASED AN 8-2 DEFICIT IN THEIR LAST AT BATS TO DEADLOCK THE CONTEST, THE DEVILISH RAYS ANSWER WITH A RUN TO EKE OUT A SLENDER TENDERLOIN ‘SEPTEMBER MADNESS’ MOSQUITO DIVISION ROUND ROBIN TOURNAMENT GAME VICTORY AT BICKFORD PARK
Game Post composed with file from Jake Conner
Beneath a tranquil layer of cool summer skies, the Rays edged the Yankees 9-8 in a thrilling four inning Toronto Playgrounds House League Baseball Tournament Mosquito Division round robin game this evening at Bickford Park.
Here is a brief recap of the proceedings:
- Rays starter Dylan (1) struck out three in the top of the first to keep the Yankees offence in the locker room.
- In the bottom of the first, the Rays staked themselves to an early 3-0 lead when Spencer (5), Aron (4) and Dylan came home to roost.
- With a dash of ketchup and mustard, Rays reliever Aron tallied three strikeouts in the top half of the second to keep the Yanks in the Bronx Zoo.
- The Rays patiently added a three spot to their Marine ecology folder in the bottom of the second to increase their advantage to 6-0. Michael (12), Elliott (7) and Dax (3) came home to do the shimmy, shimmy, shake.
- The slumbering Yankees stirred to life in the top of the third when they scored a pair to trim the gap to 6-2. Milo (11) and Samuel (10) came homeward bound on the ‘A’ Train.
- Not to be outdone, the Rays replied with two insurance runs in the bottom of the third frame to widen their lead to 8-2. Jude (15) and Oliver (2) would both steal home with Grand Theft aplomb.
- Refusing to accept their circumstance, the Yankees exploded for a six run tsunami rally in the top of the fourth to tie the game 8-8. Jacob (3), Egan (7), Eamon (13), Milo, Ollie (8) and Mika’il (9) would all come home on board the Manhattan ferry to deadlock the proceeding.
- Unfazed, the Rays answered back in the bottom of the fourth. After a leadoff walk by Dax , Spencer and Jude garnered respective walks to load the bases. With two outs, Dylan delivered a clutch RBI single to bring Dax home with the Rays winning run.