ONLINE REGISTRATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2022 HOUSE LEAGUE BASEBALL SEASON AT CHRISTIE PITS
The Toronto Playgrounds Baseball Association (TPBA) is accepting online registrations for the upcoming 2022 House League Baseball Season.
As has always been the case, the safety of our participants and their families is the number one priority for us here at Toronto Playgrounds Baseball. And as was the case in 2020 and 2021, there are a number of provincial and local regulations and Return to Sport health and safety protocols that will be in place due to us still being in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following Organizational Background, House League Divisions, and Registration Fee sections provide information you need to know before beginning registration. The On-Line Registration Process section will then take you through the on-line form step by step.
- Baseball Ontario is the provincial governing body for baseball in Ontario.
- Toronto Playgrounds Baseball is a “Local Association” member of Baseball Ontario.
- Baseball Ontario has for many years collected rosters and registration information for players and coaches on Select and Rep teams throughout the province (including our TP teams).
- In 2020 Baseball Ontario moved to a “Central Registration” system for house league participants as well.
- Therefore, when you register for 2022 house league with Toronto Playgrounds Baseball Association (TPBA) by completing the on-line registration form, you will also be “registering” with Baseball Ontario.
- This process won’t make any real difference to your “baseball experience” with TP however, since Toronto Playgrounds Baseball has been a member association of Baseball Ontario for many years. We have been affiliated with them through our insurance coverage, coach training, and the registration of our select and rep players coaches and teams. “Local Association” will refer to Toronto Playgrounds Baseball.
- This “Central Registration” initiative simply means that registration information regarding house league players will also be centrally available to Baseball Ontario for use in their role as the provincial governing body for baseball, in situations where they need to know numbers of players, age breakdowns, etc.
House League Divisions
For the 2022 House League season, the following age divisions will be in effect:
|Year of Birth||Division|
|2017 and 2018||Junior Tee Ball|
|2015 and 2016||Senior Tee Ball|
|2014||Junior Rookie Ball|
|2013||Senior Rookie Ball|
|2011 and 2012||Mosquito|
|2009 and 2010||Peewee|
|2007 and 2008||Bantam|
|2004, 2005 and 2006||Varsity|
- Parents wishing to register in a division other than the one corresponding to their child’s birth year will need to get approval for that by emailing us at [email protected]. The on-line form will not allow parents to register “out of division”.
- The days and times that the different age groups play their games and have their practices can be found on the 2022 TP House League Baseball Division Schedule which is posted on our website.
- The 2022 Early Bird fee for our Tee Ball and Rookie Ball divisions is $230.00 per player.
- The 2022 Regular registration fee for our Tee Ball and Rookie Ball divisions is $245.00 per player.
- The 2022 Early Bird fee for our Mosquito, Peewee, Bantam and Varsity divisions is $255.00 per player.
- The 2022 Regular registration fee for our Mosquito, Peewee, Bantam and Varsity divisions is $270.00 per player.
- The last day for the Early Bird fee is March 13 2022.
- Regular registration fee begins March 14 2022.
- Families registering more than two children in our House League program can receive a $25.00 reduction in the registration fee of the third and any additional siblings signing up. Please email us at [email protected] to receive the discount code if you are in this situation. You will need to type the code in the appropriate box on the payment page of the online registration form.
The increase in fees for 2022 reflects increased costs on the part of Toronto Playgrounds Baseball for personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies, and equipment such as forehead thermometers, all of which are essential to the provision of the safest possible house league program for all of our players and families. We are also going to be taking on additional staffing charges regarding our Field Supervisors, as we continue to ensure that we have a sufficient number of “eyes and hands” at all of our diamonds to ensure that our activities are taking place safely.
As always, parents can email us at [email protected] if they would like to discuss an extended payment plan or financial assistance regarding our fee.
With spaces limited in our popular baseball program, we strongly advise any interested registrants to sign up ASAP to reserve a roster spot. All roster spaces will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. When all spots in a particular division have been filled, any additional registrants will be put on a sequential waiting list in the event that a roster spot should become available.
Please click on the following link to proceed to our online registration page: Online Registration/FAQ.
Registrants who would prefer not to register online are asked to contact us at [email protected] in order to receive a printable copy of the registration form.
If you have questions or issues not addressed in the FAQ, please email us at [email protected].