IN DRAMATIC FASHION, THE LIZZIES RALLY FOR SEVEN RUNS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE THIRD TO EDGE THE CUBBIES
Game Report composed with files from Matt Brynes and John Rowe
Beneath humid skies at Christie Pits Diamond 2 this evening, the Lizzies usurped the Cubs 12-11 in a thrilling three inning Mosquito Division nailbiter.
Trailing 11-6, the Go Go Lizzies staged a dramatic seven run rally in the bottom of the third and final inning to edge the Cubbies.
With the score tied 11-11, Amarai (2) came in with the winning run when he stole home in a cloud of dust at the plate to give the Lizzies the win.
Here are the highlights:
- Neither team had a hit during the game. All the runs were the result of walks and hit batters getting on base and stealing or advancing on walks.
- Cubs starting pitcher Solomon (4) pitched a strong first and second innings to give the Cubs a 11-5 lead going into the third inning.
- Angus (1) had a great game as the Cubs catcher.
- On two occasions, Cole (6) of the Cubs caught the Lizzies napping and stole second, third, and home on the same play.
- Griff (3) of the Cubs had a great game at the plate, where he walked three times, scored two runs, with three stolen bases and 1 RBI.
- Both Ronald (4) and Simon (10) of the Lizzies had a strong game, with a few runs scored.
- Dylan (1) of the Lizzies put his first ball in play that resulted in an RBI with a put-out at 1st base.