FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS, TORONTO PLAYGROUNDS USED A TWELVE HIT ATTACK AND STRONG PITCHING TO WIN THEIR FIRST EBA WEST SELECT LOOP GAME OF THE SEASON
Game Report composed with file from Michael Gödel
In a cold, windy and drizzly affair at Jack Wilson Field in High Park this evening, the TP Bantam Selects defeated Annette 17-7 in four innings to win their first game of the EBA West Select Loop season.
On the kind of night that tests a player’s fortitude, tries the patience of a coach, and drives a fan to distraction, Toronto Playgrounds displayed a full team effort to earn their victory with a sizzling twelve hit attack . Eleven of the twelve Bantam Select batters scored at least one run during the proceedings and the only player who didn’t score a run had a 2 RBI effort at the plate.
Here are the highlights:
- Bantam Select starting pitcher Cooper threw a 1 hit, 2 walk, 2 strikeout, 2 run, 0 earned run first inning and was the pitcher of record.
- TP reliever Reid pitched a 1 run, 0 earned run third for the hold.
- TP closer Victor struck out two in the fourth to strand two Annette baserunners and seal the deal.
- Leo was 1-1 at the plate with 2 runs and 1 RBI.
- Tyler was 2-2 with a sacrifice, 1 run and 1 RBI.
- Mikel and Reid were both 2-3 at the dish with an RBI.
- Michael had 2 RBI’s.
- Evan was 1-1 with 3 runs in three at bats.
The Bantam Selects (1-1) continue their road trip next week as they travel to Sunnydale Park to play Rexdale on Thursday, May 30 at 7 p.m.