WEEKEND PLAYER EVALUATIONS WILL TAKE PLACE AT CHRISTIE PITS DIAMONDS 2 & 3 FOR REGISTERED PLAYERS IN OUR ROOKIE BALL (2005-2006), MOSQUITO (2003-2004) AND PEEWEE (2001-2002) AGE DIVISIONS
The TP Baseball Committee has issued the schedule for the House League Player Evaluation Days for the Rookie Ball (2005-2006), Mosquito (2003-2004), and Peewee (2001-2002) divisions.
The main day for the evaluations will be Saturday, April 26; with Sunday, April 27 being intended for people who can’t make it out on Saturday.
For those of you new to our league, the player evaluation days involve players taking part in a number of drills, such as throwing, hitting, and fielding. We hold these evaluation sessions in order to get a sense of the skills and abilities of the players in our divisions, so that we can put together teams that are as fair and balanced as possible. If, after the teams are made, it becomes clear that the teams are not balanced, we will move players between teams to attempt to make them more fair.
The player evaluation sessions will take place in Christie Pits using diamonds 2 and 3 (the two diamonds beside the outdoor pool and rink) and the outfield. Players should meet on the field 5 minutes before their assigned time. All players should bring their baseball gloves with them.
The times, by division and player’s last name, are as follows:
Saturday April 26:
Peewee Division (born in 2001 and 2002)
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Players with last names starting from A – H
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: Players with last names starting from I – Z
Rookie Ball Division (born in 2005 and 2006)
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.: Players with last names starting from A – G
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Players with last names starting from H – P
- 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm: Players with last names starting from Q – Z
Mosquito Division (born in 2003 and 2004)
- 1:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.: Players with last names starting from A – G
- 2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.: Players with last names starting from H – M
- 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.: Players with last names starting from N – Z
If you are unable to attend during the assigned time on Saturday, please try to come at one of the other evaluation times for your division on Saturday. If you are unable to attend at all on Saturday, the Sunday evaluation times are as follows:
Sunday April 27
- Peewee Division (born in 2001 and 2002): 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Rookie Ball Division (born in 2005 and 2006): 12:30 p.m to 1:15p.m.
- Mosquito Division (born in 2003 and 2004): 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
The teams will be put together after the player evaluation days, and you will be contacted by Thursday, May 1 with the name of your team, name and contact information for the coach, and the date, time, and location of your first practice. Pre-season (Spring training) practices will begin on the weekend of May 3 and 4 (not for all teams but for some teams) and run until Thursday May 15.
As much as possible we will be keeping the practices on the nights that each division plays/practices during the regular season. There will be one scheduled Saturday practice for each team, however, because we want to schedule three pre-season practices for each team.
The pre-season practice schedule will be posted on the website and sent to everyone by Friday, May 2, and the regular season schedules will be posted on the website and sent to everyone by Wednesday, May 15. Our 2014 regular season commences on Tuesday, May 20.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].