TRAILING 4-3, THE ROYALS RALLY FOR A PAIR IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FIFTH TO USURP THE O’s AT CHRISTIE PITS
Game Post composed with file from Peter Roy.
Beneath the lights on a warm Spring evening, the Orioles edged the Royals 5-4 in a thrilling five inning Peewee Division showdown at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
Here are the highlights:
- The Orioles kept the Royals off the scoreboard in the top of the first with a no-hitter three strikeout effort by O’s starter Thomas R. (5).
- The Orioles then struck first with one run in the bottom of the first to take an early 1-0 lead.
- However, the majestic Royals battled back with three in the second to take a 3-1 advantage.
- O’s first baseman Thomas F. (9) held off the Royals at the top of the third with a beautiful line drive double play to end the inning at 3-1 for the Royals.
- The Orioles then tied it up the bottom of the third with the help of a monster line drive to right field by Charlie (4).
- Royals reliever Cormac (8) had two Ks at the top of the fourth to hold the Orioles off the scoresheet, giving Royals the chance to move ahead by one run in the bottom of the fourth.
- O’s pitcher Thomas R. (5) then threw a second no-hitter 3K inning at the top of the fifth, giving the Orioles the chance to score two runs and win the game 5-4 in the bottom of the fifth.