IN A WELL PITCHED AFFAIR, THE ARTFUL DODGERS AND THE GRITTY METROPOLITANS PLAY TO A DRAW AT CHRISTIE PITS
Beneath a sheath of warm and humid skies, the Dodgers and Mets played to a 4-4 draw in four innings of Mosquito Division Round Robin Tournament play this evening at Christie Pits Diamond 2.
In a well played affair where pitching dominated the proceedings, runs were earned at a high premium. Eight pitchers from the Dodgers and Mets combined for fifteen strikeouts over the course of four innings.
Here are the highlights:
- The Mets jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in the top of the first. Mets leadoff hitter Alden (5) came home to roost on a grand theft of home.
- Dodgers starter Devin (6) pitched himself out of a mojo jojo bases loaded pickle in the top of the first by striking out three in 1-2-3 order.
- Mets starter Alden (5) fanned two in the bottom of the first to keep the Artful Dodgers off the scoreboard.
- In the top of the second, the Metropolitans exploded for three runs to widen their lead to 4-0. After leading off the inning with a walk and two steals to reach third, Aiden (11) would steal home. With the bases loaded, Thor (15) delivered a RBI sacrifice hit to plate Natalie (3). Julianna (6) followed with a RBI single to bring Leandro (15) home.
- The Dodgers made hay of four walks in the bottom of the second to rally for three runs to trim the deficit to one. With the bases loaded, Alejandro (3) delivered a RBI single to bring Taras (15) home with the Artful Dodgers first run of the game. Matteo (10) followed with a bases juiced RBI walk to plate Cooper (7). With the bases still filled to the gills, Teresa (13) took one for the team when she was hit by a pitch and earned a RBI by allowing PJ (2) to come homeward.
- In the top of the third, Dodgers reliever Harris (12) mowed down three with a John Deere D100 Lawn Tractor to keep the Mets off the scoring ledger.
- The Dodgers would score a run in the bottom of the third to tie the game 4-4. After leading off the frame with a walk and a pair of stolen bases, Charlie (5) stole home to even the proceedings.
- Mets reliever Dylan (4) struck out two in the third to subdue the Dodgers rebellion.
- Dodgers reliever Lachlan (9) mowed down three Metropolitans with a Toro 20 HP 597cc – LX427 Lawn Tractor in the top of the fourth to keep them off the scoresheet.
- Mets reliever Zenon (10) fans two Dodgers in the bottom of the fourth to keep them off the scoreboard and preserve the round robin tie.