THE 2015 PLAYER EVALUATIONS WILL TAKE PLACE THIS WEEKEND (APRIL 25 & 26) AT CHRISTIE PITS DIAMONDS 2 & 3 FOR REGISTERED PLAYERS IN OUR ROOKIE BALL (2006-2007), MOSQUITO (2004-2005) AND PEEWEE (2002-2003) AGE DIVISIONS
The Toronto Playgrounds Baseball Committee will be holding its 2015 House League Player Evaluation Days for the Rookie Ball (2006-2007), Mosquito (2004-2005), and Peewee (2002-2003) divisions this weekend.
The main day for the evaluations will be Saturday, April 25; with Sunday, April 26 being intended for people who can’t make it out on Saturday.
For those of you new to our league, the player evaluation days involve players taking part in a number of drills, such as throwing, hitting, and fielding. We hold these evaluation sessions in order to get a sense of the skills and abilities of the players in our divisions, so that we can put together teams that are as fair and balanced as possible. If, after the teams are made, it becomes clear that the teams are not balanced, we will move players between teams to attempt to make them more fair.
The player evaluation sessions will take place in Christie Pits using diamonds 2 and 3 (the two diamonds beside the outdoor pool and rink) and the outfield. Players should meet on the field 5 minutes before their assigned time. All players should bring their baseball gloves with them.
The times, by division and player’s last name, are as follows:
Saturday, April 25:
Peewee Division (born in 2002 and 2003):
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.: Players with last names starting from A – F
- 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Players with last names starting from G – O
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.: Players with last names starting from P – Z
Rookie Ball Division (born in 2006 and 2007):
- 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Players with last names starting from A – F
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.: Players with last names starting from G – K
- 12:45 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Players with last names starting from L – P
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.: Players with last names starting from Q – Z
Mosquito Division (born in 2004 and 2005):
- 2:15 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Players with last names starting from A – G
- 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.: Players with last names starting from H – O
- 3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Players with last names starting from P – Z
If you are unable to attend during the assigned time on Saturday, please try to come at one of the other evaluation times for your division on Saturday.
If you are unable to attend at all on Saturday, the Sunday evaluation times are as follows:
Sunday, April 26:
- Peewee Division (born in 2002 and 2003): 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Rookie Ball Division (born in 2006 and 2007): 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Mosquito Division (born in 2004 and 2005): 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Please note…if you are planning on attending evaluation sessions on Sunday, please let us know by return e-mail as soon as possible. This helps the Committee out quite a bit with our planning.
The teams will be put together after the evaluation days, and you will be contacted by Thursday, April 30 with the name of your team, name and contact information for the coach, and the date, time, and location of your first practice. Pre-season (Spring Training( practices will begin the weekend of May 2 and 3 and run until Thursday, May 14.
As much as possible we will be keeping the practices on the nights that each division plays/practices during the regular season. There will be one scheduled Saturday practice for each team, however, because we want to schedule three pre-season practices for each team.
The pre-season practice schedule will be posted on the website and sent to everyone by Friday, May 1, and the regular season schedules will be posted on the website and sent to everyone by Wednesday, May 13. Our 2015 regular season commences on Tuesday, May 19.
Parents and Players in our respective Junior (2010-2011) and Senior (2008-2009) Tee Ball Divisions are reminded that there are no evaluations scheduled for players in Tee Ball.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].